Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,117,677 times

Advertisements

Yup, and more than one credit card, if they want to "live in Paradise" they way they hope to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:21 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,724,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
Can someone, anyone, explain to me why this Hawaii forum, about what most people consider an island paradise, contains the most dialogue on flat out misery.
To answer you have to explain if your talking about those who have to talk about the negative of Hawaii and People. Those people will be in NY and compain about traffic, noise, pollution, crowing, and about the people from PR. If they were in Miami they would complain about humidity, hurricanes, Cubans, etc. If they were in AZ they would compalin about hot weather, lack of green, Mexicans, etc. they will complain about everything because its not what they want it to be. they can't accept any place or people for what it is, they want it to be what they want it to be. If you ask them for a goodhotel, they will tell you because your white no hotel is good. If you ask them about a good place to snorkel, they will say no place is good because of the homeless. If you ask them should your car be red or blue, they will tell you neither bacuse nobody obeys traffic laws. Everything is a negative.

the second group are those who are not negative but answering the questions. people write so much how they want to move to hawaii for a better life or expericne but what they are expecting is not here. So people try to bring them out from the clouds down tot he earth. Well just saying that something may not work is taken as being negative, they don't want people to tell them the truth, they want lies to support their thinking. Nobody wants them to fail because they just run back to the mainland and bad mouth hawaii. people want them to make it and they will make it if they take off the colored glasses and see the truth. They can't do that, they want and only want their fantasy, so anything that makes them have to see Hawaii as it is, well they take that as a negative.

Dont know which your talking about but thats about where it sits.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,795,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
I disagree with the premise of your post.
Me too.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,409,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
Can someone, anyone, explain to me why this Hawaii forum, about what most people consider an island paradise, contains the most dialogue on flat out misery.

You can't dance around my question people, since it's all on the internet forever and instantly verifiable. There is no other forum on this site that contains more threads on whining, moaning, groaning, miserably unhappy about anything, everything and anybody when it comes to any of the Hawaiian Islands.

I believe the answer is most of you are stuck in a very small area and cannot leave for a variety of reasons. You're locked in to a way of life that you may not have anticipated and are now frustrated because you have no control over it.

No "Pollyanna's" or "The Irish Dancers" please. As I said above, your mass unhappiness is a matter of record! You can ignore this question but in doing so, I believe you have validated my conclusion.

Now that I think about it, what an appropriate idiom: "sticking your head in the sand"!
This is like that old lawyer's question, "So when did you stop beating your wife?" The OP has framed it in such a way that anyone who claims not to be miserable is an Irish-dancing Pollyanna with their head in the sand.

It smells like fresh troll bait to me. On the off chance that it isn't, what is your point in askingthe question, SedonaShadow, and phrasing it as you did? Also, can you point us to any city forum on here that doesn't have a contingent of whiners and moaners?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 PM

369 posts, read 779,175 times
A lot of negative posts because we have TOO MANY posts by random people who just joined the board, who have done NO research, have UNREALISTIC expectations, and want to live in HAWAII. While Hawaii is very beautiful, we usually have to yank some of these people back to reality because Hawaii has its problems like anywhere else. Because of this we post things like...you know its expensive? Its going to be tough to find a job? You are going to be 3,000 + miles from family? Question most reasonable people would think about before posting. However, many people come onto this board with a fantasy-like perception of Hawaii (sometimes without even visiting). Another reason for a lot of negativity is because Hawaii is one of a few states where someone will run into white racism. In reality it exists, its not that bad (usually), and its tough for a lot of people to deal with initially.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,117,677 times
Actually, with a username of "SedonaShadow" one would expect the OP would be familiar with folks wanting to move to a particular spot on the planet with oddball ideas about what to expect when they get there. Isn't Sedona supposed to be the UFO Alien Capitol of the planet or some sort of Harmonic Crystal Vibe sort of place? Maybe we can tell everyone Sedona is Paradise <insert cosmic gong sound here> and see what sort of conversation starts to take place on their website?

Old 10-19-2010, 04:38 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,451,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Actually, with a username of "SedonaShadow" one would expect the OP would be familiar with folks wanting to move to a particular spot on the planet with oddball ideas about what to expect when they get there. Isn't Sedona supposed to be the UFO Alien Capitol of the planet or some sort of Harmonic Crystal Vibe sort of place? Maybe we can tell everyone Sedona is Paradise <insert cosmic gong sound here> and see what sort of conversation starts to take place on their website?
i have to give you a thumbs up on that one ..i been to Sedona with a girlfriend and i thought i had some stange ideas of if there where life on other planets in our solar system ..but them people take to a whole another level there..

Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,540,814 times
hotzcatz - I, too, have spent a lot of time in Sedona and I think you nailed it on this one.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 AM

18 posts, read 42,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Me too.
Me too. I'm not quite sure why, just because some people are totally ecstatic about living in Hawaii, we must discount or dismiss the opinions of those who don't feel that way.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:39 PM

72 posts, read 347,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
LOL! That is exactly what I was thinking. Two more points...#1 The OP's post seemed to be rude, condescending and had the same negative tone she accused people of. #2 I am VERY happy here but it ain't no vacation...Now Sedona is paradise on earth, everyone should move there. Where else can you live in a cave and get abducted by aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii