Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:19 PM

4 posts, read 10,602 times

Advertisements

Calico, i was not trying to brag or sound rude. I just was asking if guys would be nicer. I dont want to have a target on my back and get shot lol. I am a female x)

I plan on living there for 8 months or so, unless i decided to go to college there. idk yet.
I was looking on craiglist and saw that people are looking for roomates and the rent range is any where from 400-750+. as far as a job goes, i am willing to work anywhere, i catch on quickly and am not picky. About transportation i can ship my car but i would rather not. Iam considering to live around northshore of the south west coast of oahu? Where can i live thats not crowded and has beautiful beaches but i can be close enough to a place to find a job..?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Honolulu is way too crowded. no thanks

Old 11-02-2010, 01:15 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,511,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206Dia View Post
Honolulu is way too crowded. no thanks
Moving with no car, no job? Honolulu.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 AM

346 posts, read 968,113 times
cannot beat the windward side.

Kailua for sure

Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 AM

182 posts, read 708,018 times
hotzcatz,

Thanks for the info. I didn't think there'd be LOTS of room mates in an expensive house given what renters usualy do to properties (damage/run properties down)...I mean "the Kai" and "run-down" don't associate. I guess if the owners of those homes don't mind lots of tenants and the increased wear & tear (or damage from parties/fights) -- and unless there are laws re: how many people can live in a given square footage (as in many states) -- then I suppose it's SOP there in HI.

Room mates have always been an unreliable way to obtain housing...they can leave at any time, for any reason (or no reason) and the tenants who stay have to find that missing rent ASAP. When you have LOTS of roomates, it must be a nightmare with all the turnover. There's a lot of uncertainty living with even ONE room mate, but with multiple room mates it's compounded.

A bit more uncertainty than I'd prefer.

Thanks...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,511,243 times
Quote:
... i'm arriving with 5,000 dollars and planning to find a roomate and live there off of my money till i find a regular job...
You do realize that due to Hawaii's laws forcing employers to provide basically free health care to any employee that averages over 19 per week that you will probably not get a full-time job and that you job will be for 19 hours per week or less? Did you know that many people work 2 and 3 part-time jobs in order to scrape by? Did you realize that most "full-time" jobs in Hawaii average only about 35 hours? (Yes, I know that makes no sense)

Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 AM

i dont mind working part time.
And finding a roomate wont be a problem..i hope not. I will live in hawaii till my money runs out haha. or call my parents x)
Any one interested in skyping sometime?Someone who lives in hawaii or has lived in oahu?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:36 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Quote:
...or call my parents x)
Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii