Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:48 AM

649 posts, read 3,444,330 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when the airlines tend to have their specials on inter-island flights? I know I have seen fares from Hawaiian as low as $19 one way. But those fares have not appeared in at least 6 months. I need mid-week flights from Kauai to Oahu at the end of February.

I am really bummed because a week ago Hawaiian had most of their flights at $39 one way, and I procrastinated about booking, and now the lowest any airline has is $49! I know if I book it they'll immediately announce a rock-bottom special... but if I wait it'll go up even more! Ugh, I hate this flight booking stuff. I never seem to get in at the right time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

850 posts, read 4,364,017 times
try going to aloha, hawaiian and go's sites and sign up for their email alerts. if go! airlines drops their fares, then hawaiian and aloha may follow suit.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:19 PM

45 posts, read 290,666 times
Go just raised their airfares so Hawaiian and Aloha followed suit. I'm going to Kauai next month hope it drops.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 PM

54 posts, read 195,390 times
I just booked 2 flights the other day on GO, HNL to Molokai-$32.50 then to Maui-$35... glad I booked when I did. I'm still waiting on the flight back from Maui to HNL since I can't decide on a time. That was $49 last night. Oh, the first 2 flight prices included taxes & stuff.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM

4 posts, read 68,073 times
I would suggest that you keep looking daily to see if the prices dropped, there is no way of telling when the flights will be cheaper. I can tell you though i would wait till about a week or so before your trip to book.$ 49.00 is the going rate so i am sure that you won't pay more than that and also you are flying during the off season. Like the others suggested check out Go Airlines or Aloha airlines as well good luck.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 PM

5 posts, read 14,884 times
Hawaiian Airlines and Aloha Airlines are having $29 one-way sales right now, but it ends tomorrow.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,942 times
Default Hawaii Flights

I understand that fare prices are primarily a function of demand. As a result, prices are higher during the holidays and weekends when people travel a lot. As others have mentioned, you can subscribe to email alerts as to when the inter island carriers are offering special rates. Also, you can also do the same with local travel Hawaii agencies that carry the flight inventories of inter island carriers on an online basis.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,942 times
Default Hawaii Flights

I also forgot to mention in my previous post that some websites only mention the price before taxes and fees. So you may not be comparing apples to apples. So be aware when you do flight pricing on inter island carriers. One site that has the total price when it's quoted is: [url]http://www.interislandflights.com[/url].

Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahasown View Post
I would suggest that you keep looking daily to see if the prices dropped, there is no way of telling when the flights will be cheaper. I can tell you though i would wait till about a week or so before your trip to book.$ 49.00 is the going rate so i am sure that you won't pay more than that and also you are flying during the off season. Like the others suggested check out Go Airlines or Aloha airlines as well good luck.
Sorry, but mid Feb. is hardly off season. High season for tourism is Dec. thru March at least.

We flew to Kauai last January and paid waaayyyyy more than any of these $39 or $49 flights! And, in August (which definitely is off season) flights to and from Oahu for major surgery were over $100 each person each way too. I was so steamed.

The e-mail alerts are good tho, if you're flexible on your times or days to travel.

sometimes those fares only are available for so many seats on a flight, not ALL the available seats on a flight. When they're sold, no deal.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
We flew to Kauai last January and paid waaayyyyy more than any of these $39 or $49 flights!
Very old thread. Those prices are for two years ago, before Aloha folded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii