Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 06:30 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,543,580 times

Advertisements

Having now lived on Maui for slightly over two months,,,,, try wait... Make that six months.....no, that doesn't sound quite right.... gimme a sec.... 12 times 36...... anyways, A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONTHS!!! I think I have finally figured something out... The question has always been this,, (No, Natalie, it has nothing to do with the tides,, however, the tide is going out when the opihi look nervous),,, just why is it that the tourists, life and blood of the hawaiian economy,, (aside from certain agricultural products), have a tendency to look pissed off all the time.... At first I thought it was just me, but, after extensive research, (including a trip to the mainland a year ago, at which time I thought it was the Santa Claus Aloha shirt and da rubbah slippahs dat was gettin da haoles all nua wit me at SFO) I have come to the conclusion that the tourists are pissed off, and,, IT'S NOT JUST AT ME!!!! HECK NO!!!! Now, I conducted a little test, along with a local bruddah of mine who works as a beach boy down at one of the Wailea resorts, I won't mention the name of the resort,, (but we really don't have any seasons in hawaii, not four of em anyway). The test was very simple, just observe the tourists, and, ask them one simple question, ( two actually,, VERY SCIENTIFIC), Question #1,,, How long you been on Island..... Question #2,,,when you heading back... Should point out that this test was conducted early in the morning, I paddle my surfski down there shortly after sunrise, so, some of the 'test group' may have been suffering from slight umbrella drink overindulgence the night before. Most of the subjects when asked #1 would smile if they answered less than 3 days,, that is, they had just gotten here... However, the closer they got to their departure date, the more irritated, or, PISSED OFF,, they appeared to be.. So, when asked #2, and the answer was, "tomorrow", they not only looked REALLY pissed off, they also kind of appeared like they would like to sort of take it out on somebody, not harm them in any way, of course, but just looked like they wanted to maybe scream, at the top of their lungs,,,, "DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA AS TO HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT HERE!!!!!!!" Granted, we've got our fair share of pilikia, drugs, unemployment, homeless, cost of living,, 10 dollar a gallon milk, sand on the beaches, salty ocean with whale crap in it, the list just goes on and on..............So,,,,,,, next time you folks who actually do live here, and who have actaully lived here for slightly more than two months, see a tourist, give em a little slack, and,, TRY GUESS WEDDAH DAY COMMIN OR GOIN,, CAUSE IT AINT TOO HAHD!!!!!!! Maybe, when they do get home,, ( hopefully not on the North Eastern coast, CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!! MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) when they finally get that snow shovel in their freezing little mitten covered hands, and start shoveling their way to the sidewalk, which is just then being covered with more snow from a passing snow plowing thingy, they'll have some fond and fleeting memories of their stay at that resort on Maui, and wonder about that wacky looking haole guy with the santa hat on and the canoe without the outrigger who was going around asking people how long had they been on maui, and when were they leaving........and just why was that Hawaiian kid trying to stop from laughing....................

Aloha and,,, uuuurrrrpppp,, scuze me,, okolemaluna...

not a mention of cannibals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:04 PM

820 posts, read 3,026,026 times
LOVE it. Keep going with that survey, and see what other answers you can find.

Hey, maybe the visitors can each pack up and bring over a couple of cans of something expensive and hand them over to a local. That will make both sides smile!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,167,204 times
Gotta love research! Keep it up!!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,300,035 times
I have just one word to say to you... paragraphs!

I thought it was a fun post, but it was hard to read because you didn't break it into paragraphs.

Seriously, a good rule of thumb online is to have a blank line every 5 lines or so. Makes it much easier to read.

Nahh, I'm not pissed off. I'm here to stay. I just like to keep things easy.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:07 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,300,035 times
Here's an example... see how much easier this is to read?

Having now lived on Maui for slightly over two months,,,,, try wait... Make that six months.....no, that doesn't sound quite right.... gimme a sec.... 12 times 36...... anyways, A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONTHS!!! I think I have finally figured something out... The question has always been this,, (No, Natalie, it has nothing to do with the tides,, however, the tide is going out when the opihi look nervous),,, just why is it that the tourists, life and blood of the hawaiian economy,, (aside from certain agricultural products), have a tendency to look pissed off all the time....

At first I thought it was just me, but, after extensive research, (including a trip to the mainland a year ago, at which time I thought it was the Santa Claus Aloha shirt and da rubbah slippahs dat was gettin da haoles all nua wit me at SFO) I have come to the conclusion that the tourists are pissed off, and,, IT'S NOT JUST AT ME!!!! HECK NO!!!! Now, I conducted a little test, along with a local bruddah of mine who works as a beach boy down at one of the Wailea resorts, I won't mention the name of the resort,, (but we really don't have any seasons in hawaii, not four of em anyway).

The test was very simple, just observe the tourists, and, ask them one simple question, ( two actually,, VERY SCIENTIFIC), Question #1,,, How long you been on Island..... Question #2,,,when you heading back... Should point out that this test was conducted early in the morning, I paddle my surfski down there shortly after sunrise, so, some of the 'test group' may have been suffering from slight umbrella drink overindulgence the night before. Most of the subjects when asked #1 would smile if they answered less than 3 days,, that is, they had just gotten here... However, the closer they got to their departure date, the more irritated, or, PISSED OFF,, they appeared to be..

So, when asked #2, and the answer was, "tomorrow", they not only looked REALLY pissed off, they also kind of appeared like they would like to sort of take it out on somebody, not harm them in any way, of course, but just looked like they wanted to maybe scream, at the top of their lungs,,,, "DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA AS TO HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT HERE!!!!!!!"

Granted, we've got our fair share of pilikia, drugs, unemployment, homeless, cost of living,, 10 dollar a gallon milk, sand on the beaches, salty ocean with whale crap in it, the list just goes on and on..............So,,,,,,, next time you folks who actually do live here, and who have actaully lived here for slightly more than two months, see a tourist, give em a little slack, and,, TRY GUESS WEDDAH DAY COMMIN OR GOIN,, CAUSE IT AINT TOO HAHD!!!!!!!

Maybe, when they do get home,, ( hopefully not on the North Eastern coast, CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!! MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) when they finally get that snow shovel in their freezing little mitten covered hands, and start shoveling their way to the sidewalk, which is just then being covered with more snow from a passing snow plowing thingy, they'll have some fond and fleeting memories of their stay at that resort on Maui, and wonder about that wacky looking haole guy with the santa hat on and the canoe without the outrigger who was going around asking people how long had they been on maui, and when were they leaving........and just why was that Hawaiian kid trying to stop from laughing....................

Hahahahahahahaha

Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,389,043 times
Thumbs up ahhh...

Well...aloha e friend...thought you were in rehab or sumthin' like that.
Kihei is good, yeah?
Koale

Old 12-28-2010, 03:34 PM

53 posts, read 134,922 times
If I had to go home to the northeast from... just about anywhere else.. especially in the winter.. I would be majorly pissed off too!!! That was very funny and true. OpenD, maybe you need another holiday, that way paragraph fail won't distress you so much..

Old 12-28-2010, 04:15 PM

820 posts, read 3,026,026 times
I'm a happy local gal too, and I also vote for paragraphs. I enjoyed reading the initial post, but it was a struggle. I bet more people would read it in paragraphs.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:20 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,389,043 times
Lightbulb huh?

all ya gotta do is read it. It makes perfect sense. Paragraghs, Capital letters, punctuation...it's all a blur anyway.
K

Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,543,580 times
Can't help it, I'm related to James,,, uuuurrrrpppp,,,, scuze me, Joyce....

Goin rain!!! And, think the poor guy shoveling the snow upon his return to the madland likes the storm first time around,,, or the second go..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: