U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 AM

156 posts, read 185,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstoner View Post
Yes, they let the crew off in port. I have a bunch of girlfriends on that ship and while the ship is in port, they are allowed to hang out as well. We all got pedicures in Kona while I was in town

I am pretty excited!!

Any more openings?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
There are so many people moving to the big island its unbelievable, just about everyday I see ATLEAST one out of state license plate. Just today I was in Kona and I saw a Washington plate, Montana Plate, California plate, and two Texas's license plates, and it's non stop. But no one can stop it. I'm just bringing it up to you cause if you're thinking to come here and get away from traffic and too many people, it won't last too long. The traffic in the Kona (more so the Hilo side) area can get pretty crammed up. If you're thinking about owning a house I would recommend please looking for houses that are all ready built. So many people here move over here thinking they want to live here for ever and get all excited and want to build their own home and wind up just flattening down a lot and building a house, living in it for a year or 2, decide they don't want to live here anymore and leave. There are TONS of empty houses everywhere, of all shapes, sizes and prices. Chances are one will suit you.

If you're looking for nice sandy beaches I wouldn't really reccomend the Big island. It's the youngest island and doesn't have hardly any sandy beaches, and the ones that are here are so over crammed with people because of the fact. If you truly want to live here, please respect the Island and don't contribute to ruining it.

Mahalo

Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 AM

2,446 posts, read 2,615,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyFP View Post
There are so many people moving to the big island its unbelievable, just about everyday I see ATLEAST one out of state license plate. Just today I was in Kona and I saw a Washington plate, Montana Plate, California plate, and two Texas's license plates, and it's non stop. But no one can stop it. I'm just bringing it up to you cause if you're thinking to come here and get away from traffic and too many people, it won't last too long. The traffic in the Kona (more so the Hilo side) area can get pretty crammed up. If you're thinking about owning a house I would recommend please looking for houses that are all ready built. So many people here move over here thinking they want to live here for ever and get all excited and want to build their own home and wind up just flattening down a lot and building a house, living in it for a year or 2, decide they don't want to live here anymore and leave. There are TONS of empty houses everywhere, of all shapes, sizes and prices. Chances are one will suit you.

If you're looking for nice sandy beaches I wouldn't really reccomend the Big island. It's the youngest island and doesn't have hardly any sandy beaches, and the ones that are here are so over crammed with people because of the fact. If you truly want to live here, please respect the Island and don't contribute to ruining it.

Mahalo
100% agreed. It would cost you 2x at least to build a small new home on vacant land than it would cost you to buy an existing larger home.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:55 PM

42 posts, read 80,393 times
All of this advice was so amazing, I came up with that great plan and then didn't do it. At the end of October I got offered a great position at Costco Travel here in Seattle. The benefits are wonderful and I enjoy booking vacations all day. I mean, if I can't live in Hawaii it's really nice to talk about it all day. Now that I don't serve, I never want to do it again!! Ugh....am I ever going to make it to the islands? I met someone who works for a big name travel agency in Honolulu and there are positions available throughout the islands. Back to square 1....

Oh and to those who were interested in the Pride of America, they are almost always hiring. They have job fairs and if you have a pulse, good references, and obviously serving experience, your in. (At least that's what I hear, I have many friends who have gotten the job onboard)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii