Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,447,085 times

Advertisements

Here is something i learned about people and life in a stange place when you meet them for the first time or living in a stange place to start your life over there

N1-Treat people the way that you wanted to be treated and you find you never have a problem with most of the people there .Yes you are going to run into that one person who never going to like you and yes you are going to have to deal with that person somewhere down the line when living there .

N2-Open yourself up to new food's and ideas about the place where you move to and learn the how the local's do thing's and you find it will go alot easlyer for you and your settling into the place..So remember you left your old life behind and leave your old idea's about people and place's behind when you get on the plane to leave

N3-Money is the one thing that hold's us back in alot of ways so learned that your life can be richer by learning that not everything has a price tag attached to it .So your broke and you do not have alot of money but there are something that money can never buy like the sunrise off the ocean or swiming in th the ocean and seeing how it world open's up to us or the friendship you make though the sharing thing's with friend's

N4-Life a Journey and a lesson plan some lesson are learned the hard way and some are learned the easy way so enjoy the Journey that life give's us

So if you follow those basic three tips for living in Hawai'i you should not have a problem .N2 i went the hard way about building in there on the big island but i did get my permit's in the end to build my home the way i wanted to but looking back i did not follow that piece of advice myself and i spent a couple of year of beening hard headed about .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,462,589 times
Well said!

Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM

285 posts, read 1,084,120 times
Henry, I could not agree more!!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM

74 posts, read 166,484 times
Yes, those are great suggestions. I just moved to the Big Island to Keaau in the Puna District, and have put out a lot of effort to get all the stuff taken care of such as: Having the two vehicles I shipped get to the inspection quickly and then licensed in Haqwaii; Get those firearms I shipped to the registration office at the Hilo Police office. So I have had interaction with locals in getting this, and other stuff done. I have found the people I've dealt with all to be helpful and genuinly nice.
I know I may run into someone that just hates me. But I have always prided myself in being to get along with almost anyone in my now almost 58 years of living. So when it happens, maybe I can diffuse the situation.
My estimation of the Big Island has been reinforced in that I love it here. As does my wife.

Jon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: