U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 04:32 PM

271 posts, read 479,348 times

Advertisements

Regardless of naysayers about prices, and difficulties to reside on any location island, the truth is that your state is the fantasy destination to LIVE for almost the entire planet. Each resident must feel great pride to be a part of such a wonderful location. Your actions, truly, make that a reality. " Be the dream, live the dream, show the dream, and welcome those wanting to be part of YOURS" ! Aloha !!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 06:05 PM

16,255 posts, read 40,314,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
Regardless of naysayers about prices, and difficulties to reside on any location island, the truth is that your state is the fantasy destination to LIVE for almost the entire planet. Each resident must feel great pride to be a part of such a wonderful location. Your actions, truly, make that a reality. " Be the dream, live the dream, show the dream, and welcome those wanting to be part of YOURS" ! Aloha !!
Ah, I know a ton of people who have no interest in living in Hawaii. Costs too much, it's too far, and the jobs pay too little.

That's a good thing. It should be a place you really want to be, to be.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,141,385 times
You are definitely wrong in my opinion. I lived here most my life and have been wanting to move for the longest time and know many in my situation. But in this economy I can't move without a job. Vacationing here is wonderful, living here is totally different.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,599,393 times
I have family that was born and raised in Hawai'i, still live there and they wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My aunt who lives in California now because she wants to be close to her daughters and grandchildren, cries every time she leaves O'ahu.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Ah, I know a ton of people who have no interest in living in Hawaii. Costs too much, it's too far, and the jobs pay too little.

That's a good thing. It should be a place you really want to be, to be.

I guess that explains why so many are flocking to move to Kyoto, or any location in the "paradise" of Japan instead. Or, they could just post about Hawaii. Any location is really just an individual choice and no one can know with certainty, what makes others happy. I definitely cannot. But, lines are short, waiting to travel to lots of places , and many IN many of those places, are desperate to leave.
USVI is one of those places too. I know, and I left. Lots behind me.

TOKYO is still the most expensive city in the world according to the latest Worldwide Cost of Living survey from the Economist Intelligence Unit. The Japanese capital retains the position it won last year. (It had previously held the top spot until 2006, before its demotion by Oslo and, later, Paris.) The strength of the yen is mainly responsible for Tokyo's current ranking, as it is for Osaka Kobe's third place. Indeed, a kilo of white rice that would cost $1.77 in Hong Kong and $3.42 in New York will set you back an eye-watering $7.96 in Tokyo.

Kirin Beer anyone? LOL

Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 PM

16,255 posts, read 40,314,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers Creepers View Post
I guess that explains why so many are flocking to move to Kyoto, or any location in the "paradise" of Japan instead. Or, they could just post about Hawaii. Any location is really just an individual choice and no one can know with certainty, what makes others happy. I definitely cannot. But, lines are short, waiting to travel to lots of places , and many IN many of those places, are desperate to leave.
USVI is one of those places too. I know, and I left. Lots behind me.

TOKYO is still the most expensive city in the world according to the latest Worldwide Cost of Living survey from the Economist Intelligence Unit. The Japanese capital retains the position it won last year. (It had previously held the top spot until 2006, before its demotion by Oslo and, later, Paris.) The strength of the yen is mainly responsible for Tokyo's current ranking, as it is for Osaka Kobe's third place. Indeed, a kilo of white rice that would cost $1.77 in Hong Kong and $3.42 in New York will set you back an eye-watering $7.96 in Tokyo.

Kirin Beer anyone? LOL
There's a million places people are interested in living. Click on the most personally undesireable city-data forum, and you'll see people with interests in the place.

Both you and I are interested in Hawaii, but it doesn't mean everyone is.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
There's a million places people are interested in living. Click on the most personally undesireable city-data forum, and you'll see people with interests in the place.

Both you and I are interested in Hawaii, but it doesn't mean everyone is.
Very true of course, especially when the lease costs for a sleazy, breadbox size , walk-in sized closet "apartment" is ridiculously priced. I am not interested in Hawaii any longer, too insane with all the negatives to "reside".
Best to all that choose otherwise, and good luck! I am a few minutes from the beaches and at less than 1/3 the cost overall, easily. Plus, I can DRIVE away to the mountains and stay several days for less than airfare to/from Hawaii. My thrill about any "paradise" was satisfied long ago being in USVI and Florida for years. Vacations now are more than enough if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>