U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,922 times

Advertisements

The history of the United States Unilateral Seizure of the Hawaiian Islands in 1898. Part of a series of short videos that help people to understand a federal lawsuit filed on June 1, 2010 against President Obama's administration in Washington, D.C.

Moderator cut: New members must have at least 10 posts before publishing a link.

Last edited by 7th generation; 11-20-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Rate this post positively

Old 11-19-2011, 01:00 PM

10,909 posts, read 21,752,115 times
Well, it was filed against the U.S. federal government, it almost seems a red herring to state it as "President Obama's administration". You're gonna get a whole lot of Democrat/Republican debate going on if you use nomenclature like that.

How would you untangle Hawaii from the United States at this late date? I've not seen anyone address the nuts and bolts of an "un-seizure". Do all the folks now living here become Hawaiian citizens? There are a lot of folks born here who aren't of Hawaiian blood but there were a lot of Hawaiian citizens of the monarchy who weren't of Hawaiian blood, too. Do the new Hawaiians have to give up their U.S. citizenship?

Who would be the government of the islands? Can they manage it? If Hawaii regained it's sovereignity would it be able to maintain it in this current political world? We would have to ally with someone to order to maintain it since we don't have the kind of defenses necessary in this nuclear world.

So far I haven't seen any valid plans on what to do if the islands were "un-seized". Other than general chaos, that is.

Maybe a reverse statehood would be like the way it became a state. Go from being a state to becoming a territory again and then eventually working it's way back to the monarchy? A government is a whole integrated system, I don't think you can just boot these things up instantly.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:42 PM

1,412 posts, read 3,041,957 times
Well said, Hotzcatz.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:55 PM

2,624 posts, read 6,800,653 times
Back in the late 1990s, "Dr. Keanu Sai, Political Scientist" (the guy narrating the YouTube video, aka "David Keanu Sai) was a co-founder of the "Perfect Title Company." He and his co-conspirators were arrested for theft, racketeering, and tax evasion and Sai ended up getting five years' probation and a $200 fine.
FBI targets bond scam | The Honolulu Advertiser | Hawaii's Newspaper

Ten years later, Sai managed to get in Ph.D. in political science from UH Mānoa with a dissertation entitled "American Occupation of the Hawaiian Kingdom: Beginning the Transition from Occupied to Restored State." Here's a link to a PDF of it...
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~anu/pdf/Dissertation(Sai).pdf

Some folks, such as Kenneth R. Conklin, Ph.D. and Andrew Walden think that Sai is up to his old "tricks" again...
Debunking the Latest Hawaiian Sovereignty Scam | Hawaii Reporter
Sovereignty Mortgage Scammer Keanu Sai at it again with help from Legislators, Maui Council

Other than gaining an "aura of legitimacy" and becoming part of the "academic establishment" in Hawai'i, Sai and his ideas haven't changed that much since his "Perfect Title" days. Sai explains his background and motivations and criticizes Conklin in the following article...
Conklin’s Points on Hawaii Sovereignty Not Valid | Hawaii Reporter

Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,566,023 times
I have heard that some people in Alaska and Texas want their states to leave the USA. Maybe the 3 could form their own country?
Alastexasi'i?

Old 11-19-2011, 05:19 PM

4,131 posts, read 6,934,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I have heard that some people in Alaska and Texas want their states to leave the USA. Maybe the 3 could form their own country?
Alastexasi'i?
That's not a bad idea. Alastexasi`i would be a wealthy country with all the natural resources. Mapmakers won't have to worry about including Hawaii and Alaska anymore... oh wait, they don't worry about that now.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:21 PM

ROTFLMAO! Yup, Wink, they don't worry about that now! Do we get Baja California to be part of our new "un-remembered parts" federation?

Old 11-19-2011, 06:25 PM

229 posts, read 881,722 times
Aw jeez, I'm trying to FORGET Sarah Palin, not make her The Queen.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Sarah Palin as Queen of Alastexai'i? Eeewe! Naw, I think we have some of the kids from the monarchy around here somewhere. We'd need a queen who can dance hula anyway.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:47 PM

4,131 posts, read 6,934,617 times
I know where we can find a lot of queens... in Kihei at the Triangle across from Kalama beach park, on a Friday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: