Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:18 PM

257 posts, read 492,181 times

Advertisements

Guys I don't see what the problem is w one or even 2 "small" breed pets in cabin. I've flown in united and American airlines exclusively from chicago to Honolulu and each time the cabin stunk like urine n feces in the cabin. People forget that humans can be pigs at times. I am also a responsible pet owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM

22 posts, read 30,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Jaenenoa,
If someone disagrees with a companies policy, what is wrong with voting with your dollars and not using them anymore? It is the same as how you or anyone one else who agrees with you, is free to vote with their dollars and use the company.

I just think that the absurdity of not using an airlines because of a "one pet per plane ride policy" is highly ridicule, especially when most airlines do accept pets in cabin. People, this is NOT a new thing.... and again I state, the reason for all of this is because "alaska airlines is the FIRST airlines to honor that policy to HAWAII". its not a NEW policy that no ones ever heard of before, america airlines..... united airlines... etc. has had the same policy for US state travel for YEARS now, just never to Hawaii. Im just trying to put it in perspective that its not as bad as you all make it out to be.... especially when these opinionators havent been in the situation. I have no objections to opinions, because obviously this is mine.... however, I will debate right back if I feel its nesessary.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,476,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaenenoa View Post
Im just trying to put it in perspective that its not as bad as you all make it out to be....
It may not seem that bad TO YOU, but it is definitely that bad TO ME.

Years ago the airlines stopped passing out peanut snacks in flight because a very, very small percentage of passengers could be sickened by the smell.

Allergies to animals, particularly to cats, are far more common than peanut allergies, and for some can be nearly as serious. In the tight space of an aircraft cabin, with recirculated air, having an animal under a nearby seat can make a trip miserable for someone with severe allergies.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
It may not seem that bad TO YOU, but it is definitely that bad TO ME.

Years ago the airlines stopped passing out peanut snacks in flight because a very, very small percentage of passengers could be sickened by the smell.

Allergies to animals, particularly to cats, are far more common than peanut allergies, and for some can be nearly as serious. In the tight space of an aircraft cabin, with recirculated air, having an animal under a nearby seat can make a trip miserable for someone with severe allergies.
Which is completely understandable, and thats the reason for ONE pet per flight. Its not 50 bags of peanuts we're talking about, nor are they trying to aboard 50 dogs. Im sure they make it appoint to make it permissable for people sitting around the dog/cat which is stowed under the seat, towards the back. I mean really, a lot of airlines accomodate this policy, and I havent seen it on the news of it happening yet. You dont think that airlines have thought about this before they allowed it to happen? Its been an apporoved policy for YEEAAARRRS, if that was something that happend quite often, dont you think the policy would have been canned by now? I travel a lot for work purposes, and its not common to see pets on planes. However, I have seen a few which was no big deal, where they were seated towards the back.... no commotions or anything.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Heres a good link for you:
Pets in the Passenger Cabin

Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,701,575 times
Quote:
Calm down and stop crying, they only allow one pet per flight. You dont NEED to stop using alaska airlines because of this new pet policy. They want to be able to accomodate for people who are moving and dont want their pets stored under the plane which can be dangerous.
I was responding to a person's comment about the new policy and I provided the information that many airlines make changes in pet policies based on the number of people asking for a specific service. In this case it was people asking to be allowed to bring their pets to Hawaii in the cabin. There is no reaon for the airline to hear from those who don;t want pets in the cabin because the policyt was no pets. Now that the policy is changing, those folks can express their concern and let the airline make the final decission based on their customer needs.

If they feel they pick up 100 new passenegers a month with the policy but lost 200, they will have to weigh the pros and cons. If they get slapped with a fine 4 times the amount the collected from all pets int he cabin due to a person trying to get around Hawaii's quarantine proceduress, the airlijne will have to weightt he pros and cons.

Quote:
People, this is NOT a new thing.... and again I state, the reason for all of this is because "alaska airlines is the FIRST airlines to honor that policy to HAWAII". its not a NEW policy that no ones ever heard of before, america airlines..... united airlines... etc. has had the same policy for US state travel for YEARS now, just never to Hawaii.
Slight correction, all the major legacy airlines goinga llthe way back to Pan Am, once allowed pets in the cabiin on flights from the US mainland to Hawaii. Until its demissed, American Trans Air still allowed pets in the cabin although they were planning to discontinue the service. So Alaska Airlines is by far just anohter carrier that allwes it and what they are doing is nothing new. What makes it unique at this time is that this is their first go around with in cabin pets to Hawaii and they will now be the only airline that allowes it.

Now, for the record, the decision by arlines to halt in cabin pets has nothing to do with the passenegrs wanting or not wanting it, it has nothing to do with making or not making money. It has nothing to due with the gain or lost of passengers. It has everything to do with getting tired of passenegrs who try and circumvent Hawaii''s quarantine requirements. It only takes one such incident to sour an airline on alloweing pets in the cabin.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,820,700 times
Quote:
I just think that the absurdity of not using an airlines because of a "one pet per plane ride policy" is highly ridicule, especially when most airlines do accept pets in cabin.
There is nothing wrong with you feeling that way and continuing to use Alaska Airlines. However, there is also nothing wrong with someone who disagrees with the policy, to decide to stop flying Alaska. Here is what will happen. IF enough people stop flying Alaska AND let them know why, then they will change their policy. However, if people continue to use them, nothing will change. There ya go!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,283 times
Quote:
My point is this. If you haven't experience anything you predict, then really quit fussing about it.
Quote:
...Unlike you who probably likes to state opinions that probably doesn't even apply to you
Well, your point does not apply in this case, nor do your assumptions. I HAVE HAD to deal with bringing pets to Hawaii.

Quote:
I'm here for one thing and one thing only and it's to find more info on dogs traveling to Hawaii.
Try using the Search feature of the forum instead of wasting your time arguing with people. (if that is really why you are on here.)

Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,701,575 times
me think we have a shill from Alaska Airlines pumping that service nobody comes of that forceful on a subject they clearly are not familiar with if they are just "gathering information" somthing is a stinking bad

Old 02-22-2012, 02:36 PM

[quote=Dthraco;23096301]Well, your point does not apply in this case, nor do your assumptions. I HAVE HAD to deal with bringing pets to Hawaii.

ok more of a reason for you to be understanding of this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: