U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 06:15 AM

23 posts, read 58,534 times

Advertisements

Im from the east coast. Im very laid back and I cant stand living on the mainland. I want to live somewhere beautiful and quiet. I dont expect much because I dont want much. Im researching and considering moving to hawaii maybe in the next few years. I was hoping I could get some ideas on the different areas, least expensive, laid back, beautiful, young people etc. Any info would be much appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,211,261 times
You should start by revisiting your thread you posted in 2010 - //www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...ng-hawaii.html

Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 AM

69 posts, read 203,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armySC View Post
Im from the east coast. Im very laid back and I cant stand living on the mainland. I want to live somewhere beautiful and quiet. I dont expect much because I dont want much. Im researching and considering moving to hawaii maybe in the next few years. I was hoping I could get some ideas on the different areas, least expensive, laid back, beautiful, young people etc. Any info would be much appreciated.
If your primary motivator to move to Hawaii is because you consider the Mainland not to be "laid back," you need to reconsider. There are many, many places on the Mainland that you might consider far more laid back than Hawaii.

Also, you ask very broad questions, " . . . ideas on the different areas, least expensive, laid back, beautiful, young people etc." The cheapest areas are wherever you find the least expensive rent on craigslist. The laid back people can usually be found surfing or at the bars. The beautiful girls all live with me, though oddly I'm fairly type A.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 AM

16,265 posts, read 40,508,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armySC View Post
maybe u should just try the 'west coast' in general. it's mostly all laid-back, particularly comparatively.

since you are also looking for 'least expensive' and 'young beautiful people'...that's a hard mix. Least expensive would be Hilo, but young beautiful wouldn't be Hilo. Honolulu that might have 'young beautiful' is incredibly expensive. I usually think 'Miami' or 'L.A.' when I think young beautiful though. I think 'Texas' might have young beautiful and cheap.

Have you thought of Thailand before?

Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 PM

431 posts, read 894,483 times
How about Branscomb, California?
Just a thought.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM

271 posts, read 481,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliPatty View Post
How about Branscomb, California?
Just a thought.

If you have not, maybe read about Costa Rica, Pacific coast. But times are changing and the economy varies by specific location and crime too. Overall, cheap housing and food, but hotter/humid. San Jose Central Valley is more metro, cooler temperatures, and resources, but with that goes somewhat higher costs. Roads are not great and a 4x4 needed for out of city/valley travel. Again, read their forums for current info. Every location anywhere has a mix of items to weigh, depending on what you can deal with, and accept, per individual expectations. Belize and Panama, are worth reading about, but the same type "mix" of Panama City versus higher and cooler at David elevations, and less resources of a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: