Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM

124 posts, read 432,890 times

Advertisements

I was pulled by the local police the other afternoon for ALLEDGEDLY speeding. As what seems customary, a backup crusier quickly showed up and parked behind the first. Two patrol cars covering an old Mazda with a one-half-of-a-foot-in-the-grave driver (me) that was traveling somewhere around the speed limit.

The first officer comes to the car and asks for the usual while the other officer is standing by. “Do you know HOW fast you were going”, I’m asked. “Yes”, I reply. “You have to slow down”, I’m told. I don’t reply, but we recognize each other. He lives in the same neighborhood and I often see him, his wife and kids at the grocery store. We play basketball at the same park, although never against each other or on the same team. He’s much younger than me and I’d likely get waxed even though he's really a TERRIBLE B-ball player.

Soon another car slowly pulled up. It is a first cousin of my daughter’s SO’s half-brother. He says to the officers, “Hey, I know this guy“. The second officer immediately recognizes the first cousin. They grew up and played high school football together, and I now realize I am not going anywhere for awhile. The two officers and the first cousin start talking and it now turns out the officer who pulled me over and the first cousin are shirttail relatives of some sort.....or so they have talked themselves into believing. I ask the first cousin why he stopped. “Oh, Auntie So and So saw you being arrested when she passed by while riding the bus, and she called me to find out what kind of trouble you're in”. WONDERFUL! Auntie S&S has just taken a profound interest in my predicament, and it will be the lead subject for the next two weeks of what gossip is euphemistically termed as “TALK STORY".

The attention of the two officers and first cousin turned back to me. I’m waiting in the car for their love fest to end, engine and AC off and now really sweating. The first officer tells me he is going to write me a ticket for speeding. The first cousin tells me he’ll call Auntie S&S and tell her I’m not getting arrested (OH JOY!), and then asks if he can come over and borrow my metric socket set and torque wrench. “No problem”, I reply. The ticket issuing, neighborhood residing, terrible basketball playing first officer tells me to slow down and that I can leave. I drive away, AC blasting. Twenty minutes later my daughter and her SO conference call to tell me…REPEATEDLY...I should slow down, and I shouldn’t be causing Auntie S&S to worry because it is bad for her health. Auntie S&S's health? Honestly, I am pretty certain she feeds on this stuff and she is going to live forever.

I'm worried about the torque wrench and socket set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,222,493 times
OMG!!! That just described living in Hawaii perfectly!

Except I'm a girl, so would have got the ticket. /roflmao

Old 08-13-2012, 10:45 PM

3,198 posts, read 13,441,740 times
LOL omg I'm not laughing at you but I'm thinking "and what part of this was a surprise to you?" <there there> My sympathies for your stress! You handled it perfectly. Yes, definitely get your tools back tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,243,367 times
LMAO!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 AM

124 posts, read 432,890 times
Mikala43 an Konakat, that was just half the story. Standby, I'll fill you in later.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,066,189 times
I can't wait for the rest of it!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:35 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,222,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammasubi View Post
Mikala43 an Konakat, that was just half the story. Standby, I'll fill you in later.

I hope it is instructions to contest the ticket and the police officer will agree not to show up....

Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 PM

34 posts, read 63,389 times
holy s~.... it's like Gilligan's Island 47 yrs later.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM

198 posts, read 388,693 times
That was awesome and perfect for this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii