U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 PM
 
44 posts, read 61,886 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Never said she was a good politician, that wasn't the point. I was that she was the first in the country etc etc.

Your link is broken.
The forum automatically deleted part of it for some reason. Here are two people who disagree with Tulsi Gabbard:

"I publicly accuse Tulsi Gabbard of having committed a "Felony in Office," namely the crime of perjury.
I tried to help her about a year ago, and I criticized her for not being responsive, something which many people have commented about.
Anyways, she made up a bunch of crap about me being physical threat because she knows that's all the cops care about. I got arrested, people were after me, I left Hawaii, etc.
She's had a year to put things straight, and has done absolutely nothing. Now it's gotten to the point where many others are being affected, because they believe, and I cannot help them.
She's been getting tons of praise and accolades. She is completely undeserving of any of them. She has shamelessly abused the trust that the people placed in her.
Now she should go get a real job."

"Allison Morris · Waialua, Hawaii

I served under Tulsi in the Hawaii Army National Guard. She was the worst Conmmander I ever had. Full of nice words but no action. Soldiers approached her and informed her of various harrassment issues and she turned her head and didn't do anything about them. We were unsure if she was incompetent or a coward, but she did nothing when the opportunity presented. She swept everything under the rug and catered to those who out ranked her. She is a master at saying the right things but has no action to back her words. I find it hard to believe that she cares about Hawaii and the issues that are out there. She cares about herself and that is it, what ever it takes for her to move forward, she will do."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2013, 03:05 PM
 
1,214 posts, read 1,620,260 times
Reputation: 625
I'm not interested in moving to Hawaii, but something important I think people should keep in mind is that just because you may disagree with the local politics of a place doesn't mean that place is necessarily bad or that you can't get along with the people who live there.

I regularly go to Santa Rosa California to see family (which is a VERY liberal/Democrat place politically) and I'm a gun loving, God fearing social and economic conservative that usually votes Republican. However I still have a great time out there and get along with people even though we may not see eye to eye on most issues.

I think people should take this same approach to Hawaii or any other place you might want to visit or move to. Don't let political disagreements stop you from enjoying a place or it's people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I'm not interested in moving to Hawaii, but something important I think people should keep in mind is that just because you may disagree with the local politics of a place doesn't mean that place is necessarily bad or that you can't get along with the people who live there.

I regularly go to Santa Rosa California to see family (which is a VERY liberal/Democrat place politically) and I'm a gun loving, God fearing social and economic conservative that usually votes Republican. However I still have a great time out there and get along with people even though we may not see eye to eye on most issues.

I think people should take this same approach to Hawaii or any other place you might want to visit or move to. Don't let political disagreements stop you from enjoying a place or it's people.
Aloha and Mahalo, i agree so much, great wisdom
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Aloha and Howzit? ok im not saying it works but Hawai'i has another first in the country, and its this. Hawai'i has the first and only state wide school system.

Hawai'i Department of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Hawaii-Puna District
3,752 posts, read 11,035,172 times
Reputation: 2478
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha and Howzit? ok im not saying it works but Hawai'i has another first in the country, and its this. Hawai'i has the first and only state wide school system.

Hawai'i Department of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes it does, but it S_CKS BIG TIME !

In other words, it is certainly NOTHING to brag about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Here is a first in the nation for this medical advancement.

First Catalys laser cataract surgery to take place in Hawaii next week | Business | Metro Oahu News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Kahala
11,980 posts, read 16,428,606 times
Reputation: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Let me fix that for you. We are finally getting around to it. Certainly not first in the nation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Let me fix that for you. We are finally getting around to it. Certainly not first in the nation.
Hmm i thought the article said Hawai'i was the first in the nation. But mahalo for pointing that out, i can always be wrong as with this case. Wow long day
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Kahala
11,980 posts, read 16,428,606 times
Reputation: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Hmm i thought the article said Hawai'i was the first in the nation. But mahalo for pointing that out, i can always be wrong as with this case. Wow long day
"The first of its kind on the islands"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
"The first of its kind on the islands"
Cool mahalo viper im kinda tired tonight. Would u like to post something unique about Hawai'i that the mainland doesn't have first?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top