U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2013, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii!!
69 posts, read 299,033 times
Reputation: 60

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Is Hawaii'i the most liberal state in the country? And what makes it so liberal? Interesting info for someone who wants to transplant(move)
I disagree that Hawaii is "the most liberal state" in the union.

Hawaii is definitely a democrat-majority state where a lot of people here tend to vote for Democratic candidates.

It's kind of the opposite of southern and midwestern states who are brainwashed to vote Republican candidates for any political positions.

However, we do not have a lot of anti-war protests, pro-marijuana numbskulls and other protestors with no jobs/life, who linger on the streets. Unlike California and New York, where there are a lot of liberal protests.
While there is some PC-ness here in Hawaii, it's not super politically correct, in places like Cali.

I would say the most lib-tarded state is California, more specificially, the Bay Area. Pro-gay marriage, don't eat meat because you're killing cows and animals, protest this, protest that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKapono80 View Post
I disagree that Hawaii is "the most liberal state" in the union.

Hawaii is definitely a democrat-majority state where a lot of people here tend to vote for Democratic candidates.

It's kind of the opposite of southern and midwestern states who are brainwashed to vote Republican candidates for any political positions.

However, we do not have a lot of anti-war protests, pro-marijuana numbskulls and other protestors with no jobs/life, who linger on the streets. Unlike California and New York, where there are a lot of liberal protests.
While there is some PC-ness here in Hawaii, it's not super politically correct, in places like Cali.

I would say the most lib-tarded state is California, more specificially, the Bay Area. Pro-gay marriage, don't eat meat because you're killing cows and animals, protest this, protest that.
I appreciate your opinion, Mahalo. Your probably right for current times i haven't been home in along time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii!!
69 posts, read 299,033 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I appreciate your opinion, Mahalo. Your probably right for current times i haven't been home in along time.
While Hawaii is a predominantly Democrat party state, I wouldn't state that Hawaii is super liberal.

There are places such as the Bay Area, NYC and even pockets of southern california, where there are more liberal movements, protests, etc, compared to Hawaii.

To me, Hawaii isn't that far left compared to other cities I have lived in.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Maui County, HI
4,131 posts, read 7,133,209 times
Reputation: 3390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKapono80 View Post
I disagree that Hawaii is "the most liberal state" in the union.

Hawaii is definitely a democrat-majority state where a lot of people here tend to vote for Democratic candidates.

It's kind of the opposite of southern and midwestern states who are brainwashed to vote Republican candidates for any political positions.

However, we do not have a lot of anti-war protests, pro-marijuana numbskulls and other protestors with no jobs/life, who linger on the streets. Unlike California and New York, where there are a lot of liberal protests.
While there is some PC-ness here in Hawaii, it's not super politically correct, in places like Cali.

I would say the most lib-tarded state is California, more specificially, the Bay Area. Pro-gay marriage, don't eat meat because you're killing cows and animals, protest this, protest that.
Hawaii has civil unions. Homosexuality is probably more accepted there than anywhere else aside from San Francisco. At least on Maui there are openly gay and transgender people everywhere.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKapono80 View Post
While Hawaii is a predominantly Democrat party state, I wouldn't state that Hawaii is super liberal.

There are places such as the Bay Area, NYC and even pockets of southern california, where there are more liberal movements, protests, etc, compared to Hawaii.

To me, Hawaii isn't that far left compared to other cities I have lived in.
The real purpose of this thread wasn't so much about Hawai'i politics as it was to see the firsts or unique things Hawai'i has done before the rest of the country. Basicly i think it gets easy to take life for grantted there and forget that Hawai'i can be very unique in thinking, culture, politics etc. For example, Hawai'i was the first to try universal healthcare, an ideal way before its time. Yeah it failed but that still doesn't mean it wasnt a great ideal or a original act. Hawai'i has others.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Aloha,

Here some unique interesting facts that i found about Hawai'i.

1.Did you know Hawai'i is the only state that doesn't have a state police force?

2. Did you know that Hawai'i is the only state that has a foreign counties palace on its land(Iolani palace)

3. Volcanoes National Park is the only active volcano park in the country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Aloha,

Did you know Hawaii is the only state to pass these laws?

-It's illegal for a shooting gallery to offer liquor as a prize.
-All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
-Coins are not allowed to be placed in one's ears.
-In the past there was a law that required children to obey all "lawful and moral" commands of their parents.
-It is illegal to get a tattoo behind your ear or on your eyelid unless in the presence of a registered physician.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2014, 05:35 AM
 
1 posts, read 866 times
Reputation: 14
Don't kid yourself, If politics if your focus in life your going to find a way to be unhappy wherever you call home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 7,371,945 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by fern420 View Post
Don't kid yourself, If politics if your focus in life your going to find a way to be unhappy wherever you call home.
Exactly, Mahalo for your post and Aloha and welcome to CDF Hawai'i.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2014, 12:48 PM
 
1,738 posts, read 2,854,624 times
Reputation: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKapono80 View Post
I disagree that Hawaii is "the most liberal state" in the union.

Hawaii is definitely a democrat-majority state where a lot of people here tend to vote for Democratic candidates.

It's kind of the opposite of southern and midwestern states who are brainwashed to vote Republican candidates for any political positions.

However, we do not have a lot of anti-war protests, pro-marijuana numbskulls and other protestors with no jobs/life, who linger on the streets. Unlike California and New York, where there are a lot of liberal protests.
While there is some PC-ness here in Hawaii, it's not super politically correct, in places like Cali.

I would say the most lib-tarded state is California, more specificially, the Bay Area. Pro-gay marriage, don't eat meat because you're killing cows and animals, protest this, protest that.
I used to think Hawaii was pretty liberal until I moved to SOCAL. SOCAL, and the state of California in general, makes Hawaii look almost conservative.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top