Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times

Advertisements

Further, I only brought up greed in corporations as part of the problem in Hawai'i is because its not p.c to mention greed by the rich, take a look at how many threads are about the lazy dude on foodstamps buying lotto etc ruining our country or Hawai'i. But everyone knows that both laziness and corporate greed is what is killing us. I will always support the most balanced view. Hopefully we won't have this discussion again.

P.s Im all for making cuts just not cuts by themselves, im all for helping people learn how to fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Since it is now ok to discuss politics here(not sure when that change took place)...
As long as the discourse is about local politics, and remains polite and non-contentious the TOS allows it. The ongoing problem is that some people simply have no debate skills and no self-control, so political threads can quickly degrade into mud slinging and flame wars, which is why mods reserve the right to move them or close them if they get out of hand.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
As long as the discourse is about local politics, and remains polite and non-contentious the TOS allows it. The ongoing problem is that some people simply have no debate skills and no self-control, so political threads can quickly degrade into mud slinging and flame wars, which is why mods reserve the right to move them or close them if they get out of hand.
Mahalo open for the reminder of the t.o.s and helping us to enjoy our experience here at CDF.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:25 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,140,103 times
Not exactly an enticement, maybe that's why solar water heaters are required. Need more renewable energy.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
The one thing that I really dislike about Hawaiian politics (even though I disagree with most them, I can tolerate them) but I just really cannot stand Hawaii's over the top, fascist gun control laws! I don't think any fire arm enthusiast would want to live in that state.

Other than that I could tolerate the rest. But the right to bear arms is essential, and that is a right I strongly support.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The one thing that I really dislike about Hawaiian politics (even though I disagree with most them, I can tolerate them) but I just really cannot stand Hawaii's over the top, fascist gun control laws! I don't think any fire arm enthusiast would want to live in that state.

Other than that I could tolerate the rest. But the right to bear arms is essential, and that is a right I strongly support.
Then Hawaii is definitely not the place for you. However, I am a responsible gun owner and have absolutely no problem with Hawaii's gun laws.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:13 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Sorry, I disagree on that point. I've been an avid target shooter and gun owner my whole life, and I often point to Hawai'i as having common sense* gun laws that should be adopted by every state. Clearly they are responsible for Hawai'i having such remarkably low gun violence, and in my experience responsible gun owners have nothing to fear from them.

*Including a very thorough background check; and confiscation of guns from drug dealers, domestic violence perpetrators, felons, and those who have been determined to be mentally ill. People in many other states wish they had such wise policies.

But since these policies are unlikely to change, yes, you should probably stay far, far away.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM

8 posts, read 8,710 times
Quote:
I just really cannot stand Hawaii's over the top, fascist gun control laws! I don't think any fire arm enthusiast would want to live in that state.

fascist gun control laws! Reasonable gun control laws would be a more suitable phrase.

That is part of the beauty and charm of Hawaii, or at least Maui where I live. One of the reasons I retired here. No half-cocked murderers like Florida's Zimmerman prowling around itching to blow someone away for being the wrong skin color wearing a hooded sweat shirt. It's beginning to look like his ex-wife and her family could be on the next to get shot by George list.

I find I can walk the streets or beaches here after dark feeling safe knowing few if any around me are carrying guns. That is the exact opposite of the feeling I had while living in Florida. Obviously crime exists everywhere, but the gun attitudes and haters on the mainland would not be a good fit for Hawaii, and the laid back Aloha lifestyle, which ends up as a big win for this paradise.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:58 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Here is another first in the Nation for Hawai'i

Hawaii Celebrates as GMO Labeling Bill is Passed by Lawmakers
its one thing to label GMO... much like the cigarette companies had to label the dangers of smoking it they also paid for the damages. well Hr 933 clearly. states.... Hmmm.. go read>>>

‘Monsanto Protection Act’: Chemical monopoly writes its own law » In the U.S. » Workers World

if you know the US you should know the ties they have with Monsanto..

Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
The ʻIolani Palace is truly beautiful. If any of you ever get a chance to take the tour, I'd highly recommend.
It blows me away that they used to let the original Hawaii Five-0 film inside the palace.

"It had electricity and telephones even before the White House."

Ampersand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii