Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,457 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to the Big Island sometime around the first of the year but plan on shipping before then. Probably between November and January. I'm shipping very few household items such as furniture etc. My plan at this moment is to ship all of my wood working tools (a lot) and vehicle. I'm planning on hauling everything to one of the California ports (logistics not quite decided) but I'm going to have to get a 20' container and someone should be able to pile a bunch of household items in with. If anyone is planning a move in the near future let me know.

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 11:24 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,490,158 times
Aloha.

Good luck with your move. There are lots and lots of previous posts that could be valuable to you in your move, and the Search function is the magic key that unlocks the riches.

Perhaps the mod can move this over to the Big Island forum for you.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,402 times
Aloha, I am thinking of shipping to the Big Island also from Ca. What port are you thinking of using? So. Cal or North? I am near SLO/Santa Barbara area.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:15 AM

4 posts, read 5,313 times
We are moving back home to Honolulu in January also, with a timeline similar to you. We are in the Orange County area, which port are you using?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,970 times
We are also moving from Orange County to the Big Island in January and are looking to ship sometime in December. We just have a one bedroom apartment but are not planning on bringing any bulky items (mostly boxes, cloths, kitchen items, bikes, and possibly our bed). If you are still looking for someone to share a container please contact me.

Thanks,
Kurt

Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM

17 posts, read 41,888 times
NOt sure if you all have shipped your items yet, but my husband and I are always buying items on the mainland and we use H2O logistics for our shipping needs. They are very reasonable and we wouldn't use any one else. They charge per sq ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: