Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,389,020 times

Advertisements

Reports coming in on the plane crash that killed State Health Director Loretta "Deliana" Fuddy. Engine failure on Molokai-HNL flight. She is the only one we lost. There were 8 others on the flight who survived. Amazing and dedicated woman who fought hard for the "little guy." I helped her with one program where she was pushing hard for locals to grow their own produce and become more conscious about their diet and health. She did it in a gentle and loving way. Huge heart. Driven by love and purpose. She contributed more to Hawaii than most people will ever realize.
RIP dear friend.
Pilot described 'catastrophic engine failure' in Molokai crash - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Hawaii health director killed in small plane crash off Molokai - Pacific Business News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 11:38 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,051,580 times
Oh, how sorry for your loss as well as sorry for the loss to everyone. It is sad we only find out how amazing she was after she's gone.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:53 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,459,897 times
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I was only marginally aware of her from the news reports of her appointment, and was not aware that she was the official who authenticated Barack Obama's birth certificate... and subsequent mention by conspiracy nuts.

Her death was, and probably always will be a mystery. According to the accounts I've found she was in a life jacket, floating alongside the others, and was holding hands with another when she let go and just disappeared. How sad.

One of the little details that surfaced was that by law, as State Health Director, she was also the mayor of the part of Molokai that was the old leper colony, and is still designated as a Hansen's Disease clinic. I had no idea any of that was still in existence. It was in that official capacity that she was on that flight back from Molokai.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 PM

41 posts, read 145,047 times
I worked under Loretta Fuddy in the Department of Health. She was such a sweet person & very dedicated to her job. Her death is a big loss for Hawaii.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 AM

431 posts, read 940,533 times
So sorry, Cowgirl. Very sad.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: