Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,749,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

The only coralation between wages and cost of living i believe i said was that wages haven't caught up with cost of living.
By virtue of being a small island chain in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, wages will never catch up to the cost of living due to the high cost of doing business in Hawaii (which depresses wages) and the high cost of importing almost everything Hawaii needs to exist.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,705,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Following Seas View Post
The disjointed, random nature of your posts render intelligent discussion impossible. Economics are non-partisan, and coral grows in the sea.

BTW, wages are not chasing COL, and they occupy different orbits. Ergo, they will never catch-up.
Whatever then you don't have to respond then huh?

Jesus guys all i said was a statement that wages haven't caught up to cost of living yet. It wasn't ment to teardown, speculate, etc. It is what it is.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 PM

47 posts, read 52,434 times
Quote:
whatever then you don't have to respond then huh?

Jesus guys all i said was a statement that wages haven't caught up to cost of living yet. It wasn't ment to teardown, speculate, etc. It is what it is.
swim.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:50 PM

@OpenD

Your right where is Jonah k?

Mahalo

Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Following Seas View Post
swim.
Nope just relaxing on my water floating chair as comfortable as be.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:02 PM

47 posts, read 52,434 times
Quote:
whatever then you don't have to respond then huh?

swim. See What I Mean

Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,459,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Adding to the confusion....

Where is JonahK when we need him? <sigh> OK, I'll vamp with the layman's version until he gets here...

In everyday math, average and mean are essentially synonymous terms, but are distinct from the median, so "mean/median" is a meaningless term.

In the case of the incomes under discussion, the mean, or average is the total all of the incomes, divided by the number of incomes. It's easy to calculate, but the issue with using the average is that a relatively small number of very high incomes, for example, can pull the average value higher than what many people would consider to be typical.

The median value, however, is the one that has half the values lower, and half the values higher. You can't do a simple arithmetic calculation, you have to look at the individual data points to find this value. But despite being a little more work to derive, it typically gives a better idea what a "normal" value is for the middle range of values being examined.

OK, Jonah, hit it!
So let me get this straight.

YOU have sent people here private messages, telling them to put ME on IGNORE... yet YOU can't ignore me yourself... Especially when YOU know I am right...

Go google yourself some more answers...

Old 03-10-2014, 10:19 PM

48,301 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:
@Following Seas

I believe i just walked into the republicans convention. Who said hawaii is liberal? The only coralation between wages and cost of living i believe i said was that wages haven't caught up with cost of living. But your more then welcome to say that im ignorent or have little knowledge. Politics kills.
Our system is run by democrats (except for federal quals), so I don't know why you keep bringing political parties into. We are the MOST democratic state. You can say they're not, but they are. Period, no debate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-10-2014, 10:25 PM

48,301 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Honestly I'm not sure what HBH plans to do with this quasi-research.

I don't know how many times I can say when you have a remote location, with limited land, and good weather it IS ALWAYS going to be expensive.

I'm sure if you owned a 600k house here you're not going to sell it at 300K for the purpose of idealism.

Neither are the rest of us.

Do you do this same thing in the San Francisco and New York forums? High demand, high cost.

So what if we raised minimum wage, put a cap on housing prices. We would be over run, over crowded and an urban mess. That's your vision for Hawaii, not anyone else's.

If you cannot understand basic economics there is no point discussing this. You can't force your ideals on other people and expect change. Change for you, is not our priority.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,459,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honestly I'm not sure what HBH plans to do with this quasi-research.

I don't know how many times I can say when you have a remote location, with limited land, and good weather it IS ALWAYS going to be expensive.

I'm sure if you owned a 600k house here you're not going to sell it at 300K for the purpose of idealism.

Neither are the rest of us.

Do you do this same thing in the San Francisco and New York forums? High demand, high cost.

So what if we raised minimum wage, put a cap on housing prices. We would be over run, over crowded and an urban mess. That's your vision for Hawaii, not anyone else's.

If you cannot understand basic economics there is no point discussing this. You can't force your ideals on other people and expect change. Change for you, is not our priority.
Good answer....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: