Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:34 AM

7 posts, read 8,263 times

Advertisements

Those tips are really helpful and appreciated honobob. I'm glad to hear about your positive experiences.

Mahalo for the recommendation mdand3boys. I will be sure to check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 02:42 PM

242 posts, read 393,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Pet Service | Pacific Air Cargo

They do pets - there used to be a regular poster who worked for them and he/she mentioned that they moved lots of animals and put them right behind the cockpit. Try a search for them. probably a lot of good posts on that service.
I'm under the impression PacificFlights passed away within the last 2 years.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,193,267 times
Flying in cargo is fine... They handle it better than the human. My dog has done it 12 times in a couple of weeks his 13th. Which airlines are you flying... There is better deals with some than others. My dog is 75lbs. Extra large crate. I love Alaska they only charge $100 and check as luggage vrs having to deal with taking to cargo and try to adjust times of flights. I have paid up to $1500 one way with Hawaiian. The cargo people have always been good to him. Long as they know their crate it should all be good.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:34 AM

7 posts, read 8,263 times
Alaska does seem to be the best option. I learned that they will not accept dogs (in baggage) in the month of February, so I will need to plan accordingly.

She is 79 lbs, so it looks like I should order the extra large crate. We tried to crate train her as a puppy and she HATED it. She just never adjusted and would cry nonstop between 1-2 hour bouts of sleeping. I am going to set the crate up in the living room with the door open and start putting her all of her toys and treats inside. Hopefully, 4 months will give her time to become less anxious with the crate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: