Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
..........This is what leads me to believe that race plays a big factor in why.
I disagree. It started, not because of race, but because his grandmother stated that she was there for his birth in Kenya, and he had some published works in college that stated he was Kenyan in the biography blub. It didn't help that he had illegal immigrant relatives in the USA originating in Kenya. He then poured fuel on the fire by refusing to offer proof of his citizenship.

If he has a Hawaiian birth certificate, that settles the matter and it is a non-issue. But if people dislike his politics, that does not automatically make them racists. All it means is that they don't like his politics.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
.........President Obama is a citizen of the US by virtue of the fact that his mother was a US citizen, no matter where he was born.
And my memory of the old civics class says that the president must be a natural born citizen, born in the USA, which makes foreign born and naturalized citizens ineligible for the position of president.

But as I said above, he has a Hawaiian birth certificate so it is an non-issue.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:33 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many people buy into conspiracy theories. And some of those very persons can be hateful people. I don't remember any President being asked for his birth certificate nearly as much as President Obama. This is what leads me to believe that race plays a big factor in why.
Well if not race, classism. Sorry i know everybody wants to believe everything is diverse and equal but facts don't prove that. I would lean more towards classism im this case. And the root cause money as always.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:27 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And my memory of the old civics class says that the president must be a natural born citizen, born in the USA, which makes foreign born and naturalized citizens ineligible for the position of president.
Off the top of head, John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, George Romney was born in Mexico, Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona Territory.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And my memory of the old civics class says that the president must be a natural born citizen, born in the USA, which makes foreign born and naturalized citizens ineligible for the position of president. But as I said above, he has a Hawaiian birth certificate so it is an non-issue.
Not true about "in the USA", as I pointed out previously. George Romney was born in Mexico City, but nobody questioned his eligibility to be President. And Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but again, nobody questions his eligibility to be President. They were both born to American citizen parents, while they were outside the USA. It was only an issue this time around among a small fringe of people who wanted to find a way to overturn the election.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Oh puhleeeeze, now the hearsay starts up again? It's time to give this a rest.

President Obama is a citizen of the US by virtue of the fact that his mother was a US citizen, no matter where he was born.
he said it not me.. so go yell at him....

Old 10-24-2014, 10:39 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
he said it not me.. so go yell at him....
But you repeated it. Hearsay about hearsay = nonesense.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:10 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
But you repeated it. Hearsay about hearsay = nonesense.
there is no non cents about it, I hear and I say.... if somone tells you GMO is good is it hearsay.. or are they lying? or are the people who say Gmo is bad are lying?? cause it could be hearsay as well...

the truth of it is Neil said it.... he is a politician!!! they always tell the truth....

hear is more hear say.. per say. could this be true or lies? if its true then the politicians are liars. abd GMO is bad

Do most Hawaiians believe Obama was born in Hawaii?-hillary-monsanto-7.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii