Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 08:58 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,122,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blam View Post
My wife is torturing me to go to Hawaii. I googled it but most articles just mention 10 beaches without telling you which one is the best so that is why I'm asking here. We don't surf or do any of that other fancy stuff that requires you to have any special gear or high waves. We just want the cleanest possible water, warm and without some life threatening currents or waves. Where should I go?
Waimanalo Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 08:59 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,785,356 times
Quote:
We like to eat out. She would probably shop if possible. I'm not really sure what cultural events are but probably not interested. Nightlife definitely not important, probably better if there wasn't one. The beach is still the main point to us. I don't want to go there because there are good restaurants but the beach will turn out to be rocky and for surfers only.

Actually we like to drive around a bit. If there are some viewing points to get to in a car we could do that. We don't want to commute to the beach though. Looking for parking for 30 minutes is something I already have here in California.

Its hard to give more info because we are pretty boring people and I can't really think of any "activities".
Well waikiki sounds like one good choice you wont need to drive to the beach and it has alot of shopping areas. You can drive to some nice areas like the Nuʻuanu Pali lookout with awsome views or close to diamond head to hike the stairs to the top. All under no time really.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:20 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,827,262 times
Quote:
We just want the cleanest possible water, warm and without some life threatening currents or waves. Where should I go?

What time of year are you planning to go?

Old 06-15-2015, 12:29 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,795,926 times
Come on Superbowl Sunday. You can have any beach in Hawaii to yourself.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM

133 posts, read 183,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
Waimanalo Beach.
+1

Waimanalo Beach is one of my favourite. There's something about the place that feels really good and chill. Going there is the best part of my week.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 PM

48,626 posts, read 35,086,908 times
I'm not a big ocean person (I know, odd choice to live) so I like the "easier" beaches like Waikiki, Ala Moana and Lanikai.

If you are only coming for beaches that's a long flight for sand and water. No where on the mainland appeals?

Why does she want to come here so badly? You don't seem to want to go. As you both have no interest in culture, why not another beach in a warm area?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-15-2015, 09:32 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,242,561 times
I love the beaches in Hawaii and go for just that. We are boring people too but might just out do you. I go to the beach after breakfast with a lunch that I pack or pick up and stay till sunset. Then drive back for dinner or shopping after sundown. I have found endless beaches on Oahu as mentioned, and Maui has many wonderful beaches. Depending on where you stay it may take 30 minutes to drive to them but parking has never been a problem for me and the drive is beautiful so very much worth it. Just avoid rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii