Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:50 AM

430 posts, read 639,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan16 View Post
I'd echo what in_my_travels said about the monotony of a tropical climate, it's nice that you can "escape" with the volcanoes and higher altitude locations but that's a temporary kind of fix. Both are two of the most scenic states in the US with considerable differences from one another so you're aren't going to suffer too much from a scenery standpoint.

Why don't you look at an island that's also in the Pacific that could be the prettiest place on the planet with similar weather to portions of Oregon. I'm talking about New Zealand! I'm kidding... or am I?(I am but not about the prettiest part of course...)
I have a coworker from NZ. He speaks highly of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 05:28 AM

8 posts, read 10,401 times
neat thread OP, im in similiar boat in terms of consdiering where to go. Im going to be visiting Oahu soon and very strongly considering stopping by Portland too. For me, Cali has always been my second choice behind Hawaii. I absolutely love California as a state especially San Diego and San Fran. however as MuffinMan18 just said...New Zealand is amazing.

im in Wellington and have been living in NZ for the past year and i wish i could stay. if one loves outdoors then this is on one of the best places in the world for it. However, Ecuador has similar vistas, as does Chile, Nepal, Alaska....etc. Anyways in terms of laid-back atmosphere, relaxed population, safe living, NZ is absolutely amazing. You might want to look into BUNAC - they offer i believe 2 different working holiday visas 18-30 and 18-35 for NZ. that second one is unique to NZ. you never mentioned travel in your ideas however at your age, this would be perfect time to go do some working holiday visas...couple European countries, Australia, NZ....

and a connection between Hawaii & NZ is both have Polynesians, in NZ they're Maori.

just thought id share my two cents on NZ :=)

Old 08-19-2015, 08:38 PM

5 posts, read 5,624 times
Many of your questions can be answered by a book called The Real Hawaii Life, True Stories of Relocations to Hawaii by Kat Varano. It is full of stories and interviews and lots of pictures of people who have moved. It has a lot of reality, which includes good and bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: