Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john london View Post
looking for pet owners willing to split the fare on a private jet to hawaii. john

In in as long as you are still interested and we get a few more people. JESS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,586,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpugs View Post
I have 2 pugs and i talked to delta and they told me i could not transport pugs on the plane to HI because it was always over 75* how did u get your bull dog to HI i am moving there this winter and intend to ship my pugs here in the spring but dont know how... please help..JESS Jessvaczy@yahoo.com
United will fly the short snout breeds after October 1st. They do not fly certain breeds in the summer months.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:57 AM

60 posts, read 244,471 times
We just flew in from Baltimore with our Dog and Cat. They flew as "excess baggage" on United (NOT as Cargo...that is a separate thing/flight). In fact, our flight was scheduled to have a layover/connection in Denver and Cargo said they couldn't ship the animals on Cargo because of the weather restrictions. If the weather was over a certain temp, no pets could fly because cargo isn't temp controlled (? I guess?) So we flew them as "excess baggage" on our same flights. Things went GREAT. The staff at United in BWI was great, we got our cards saying they were on board and that they made the connection (which ended up being in San Fran instead of Denver after a last minute change by the airline for all of our flights).

For the person saying they could take their cats in the cabin...uhm...no matter who you know with the airline, that's a no-go to Hawaii because of the quarantine laws.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:25 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,369,283 times
From the mainland, you can join meetup.com in Hawaii - put in your new zip code and 'pug' (w/o quotes) - it'll bring up the pug meetup there - several have flown w/ their pugs there - they'll prob. be all too happy to advise you - from what I vaguely rem. reading the timing can be tricky but it's prob. doable over the winter as long as they have the proper shots etc. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpugs View Post
I have 2 pugs and i talked to delta and they told me i could not transport pugs on the plane to HI because it was always over 75* how did u get your bull dog to HI i am moving there this winter and intend to ship my pugs here in the spring but dont know how... please help..JESS Jessvaczy@yahoo.com

Old 09-25-2010, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,726 times
I will be traveling to hawaii, maui, in the summer of 2011. I will be traveling wit two dogs and two cats. My consino host informed me that we can arrange for a private plane at an affordable one way rate of $500.00/person one way. However, it will require 32 people to travel. So if anyone is interested please e-mail me and I will put you on the list. The plane will leave from LAX.

Sincerely
Bob Cunningham
8225 5th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11209
robertcunninghamra@gmail.com

Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 AM

97 posts, read 277,966 times
We moved a 70lb labrador, 45lb collieX and a cat in June via United Airlines and everything went very smoothly. They travel in a pressurized compartment as checked baggage. We drove to San Francisco so our kids only had to endure one non-stop flight.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,605,098 times
32 pax @ $500????? That's a smoking deal, I'll grab all the seats!
But is that a firm all inclusive price or is it some general quote?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:39 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,586,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandBum View Post
We moved a 70lb labrador, 45lb collieX and a cat in June via United Airlines and everything went very smoothly. They travel in a pressurized compartment as checked baggage. We drove to San Francisco so our kids only had to endure one non-stop flight.
Exactly what I plan to do with my two boxers. I'm driving from Seattle to SFO for the same reason, I want them on one nonstop flight. I plan to fly United as well. Did you have to go to the Cargo terminal with the pets? Where did you check them in at SFO? Many thanks!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,858,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
Exactly what I plan to do with my two boxers. I'm driving from Seattle to SFO for the same reason, I want them on one nonstop flight. I plan to fly United as well. Did you have to go to the Cargo terminal with the pets? Where did you check them in at SFO? Many thanks!
I've traveled out of SFO over 9 times with my dogs. Used to fly ATA with my one dog in cabin with me and direct release in Honolulu. Since ATA went out of business I've only flown American with my dogs and they check-in with me and they have TSA come and the dogs are taken out of the kennel for it to be inspected and then placed back in and taken away.

AA in SFO have been GREAT. AA in HONOLULU coming back has been less than great and this is the easy way with no quarantine!

I asked a DOA employee and he said they have no problem meeting in cabin dogs but it is the AIRLINE that refuses to allow them COMING to Hawaii. That may be different now with the budget cuts. Both my dogs will be flying again this December.

DOA people are also great!

Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 PM

10 posts, read 62,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert cunningham View Post
I will be traveling to hawaii, maui, in the summer of 2011. I will be traveling wit two dogs and two cats. My consino host informed me that we can arrange for a private plane at an affordable one way rate of $500.00/person one way. However, it will require 32 people to travel. So if anyone is interested please e-mail me and I will put you on the list. The plane will leave from LAX.

Sincerely
Bob Cunningham
8225 5th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11209
robertcunninghamra@gmail.com
I'm SO in!! We're moving to Maui end of June. I'm emailing you for details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii