Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:43 PM

48 posts, read 76,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I mean, really. Read your history, buy a friggin map.

Sessions Calls Hawaii Just 'an Island in the Pacific'

Now that's the walking, talking definition of 'F***ing haole'
You're a disgrace to my island. Racist.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:18 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,577,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaahumanu View Post
Sure, didn't you forget an 'okina?

Just trying to help

Old 09-17-2017, 03:25 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
He is right; we are islands in the Pacific; what he didn't say is we are illegally occupied by America at the moment. I thought it was perfect. At least he didn't say "corpse man" like Obama did 3 times in one speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. The video link I have below only shows Obama saying it once, but I was watching it and it was very painful.

It's corpsman, where the p&s are silent. Don't get me started with Obama's miss speaks...way too many to mention. My ex is a decorated corpsman from the war in Vietnam...embarrassing.

Some of you would say the ocean is green if they say it's blue. Get rid of the anger and try be happy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QqZXaerGte5x5w
That's all you got? Mispronunciation of one word? What BS.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:12 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,279,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaahumanu View Post
Spot on! People that use the "H" word should be labeled as "Racist" the same way as people who use the "N" word!

Old 09-17-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Spot on! People that use the "H" word should be labeled as "Racist" the same way as people who use the "N" word!
My comments were addressing Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, not only for calling Hawaii 'Some Island in the Pacific', but for his past actions in Alabama as well. And he is more than familiar with the "N' word.

https://www.thenation.com/article/je...-civil-rights/

Perhaps referring to him as an F'in Haole, was a little harsh, but I certainly don't regret it. And as far as him referring to Hawaii as 'some Island in the Pacific', I'll give him credit for getting the right ocean.

Maybe he should brush up on Constitutional law and the Court system.

'So this is a huge matter. I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power.'

And Dave, once you've lived here for a few decades, maybe your viewpoint on the term haole will change. It's not nearly as toxic as some make it out to be.

Last edited by Jungjohann; 09-17-2017 at 06:51 AM..

Old 09-17-2017, 08:38 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,930,312 times
Quote:

And Dave, once you've lived here for a few decades, maybe your viewpoint on the term haole will change. It's not nearly as toxic as some make it out to be.
It's a toxic and racist word - and while freely thrown around these forums I've yet to have someone have the guts to say it to me in person - much like people throw out the N word privately but chicken to use it in person.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
It's a toxic and racist word - and while freely thrown around these forums I've yet to have someone have the guts to say it to me in person - much like people throw out the N word privately but chicken to use it in person.
I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of Hawaii residents would disagree with you. Start a pole, or is that racist??? How you can possibly equate the 'N' word, which historically referred to a race of people who were viewed as sub-human, and little more than commodities, with haole is beyond me.

I'm heading for the water. Out there I'm just something to eat..............

Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,930,312 times
Quote:
I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of Hawaii residents would disagree with you. Start a pole, or is that racist??? How you can possibly equate the 'N' word, which historically referred to a race of people who were viewed as sub-human, and little more than commodities, with haole is beyond me.
Let me clarify my statement so it's crystal clear. I never said the N word and Haole were on equal terms.

I did say both are racist terms. One to much more of a degree than the other but both racist.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:29 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,239,604 times
Me personally, I have never been offended by being called Haole in Hawaii or Gringo in Puerto Rico
I am what I am...I been called both, but not in a deprecating or disrepectful manner.

I have a t shirt that says Haole, my NJ license plate on my Jeep Wrangler says Haole, and I have two Gringo t shirts...

But like I said, I am speaking for only me.
whatever floats your boat.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:02 PM

451 posts, read 412,894 times
Quote:
...... once you've lived here for a few decades, maybe your viewpoint on the term haole will change. It's not nearly as toxic as some make it out to be.
I agree. After so many years, the long suffering Mrs. Rain Monkey still affectionately refers to me as 'her haole boy' in spite of my having one foot firmly planted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii