Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Planed to relocate March 2019
looking to moved on a smaller island, not the main Islandsa 0 0%
looking for small apartment or house affordable 1 50.00%
retried nurse planning meditation/yoga/Bls classes 1 50.00%
near the water or montains which would be best 0 0%
Names some Safe area 0 0%
what about the Bug problems and air quality 0 0%
Tell everything you know I need to know as a newcomer 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,463 times

Advertisements

I am not looking to live on a big busy Island, retired nurse, and BLS Instructor, looking for a small place with a small studio or extra room for meditation/ yoga classes not far from the water or mountains . that is affordable. If that possible. A small not so well know Island would be fine also.

thank you for your time.
Y hurston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 08:50 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,872,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhurston View Post
I am not looking to live on a big busy Island, retired nurse, and BLS Instructor, looking for a small place with a small studio or extra room for meditation/ yoga classes not far from the water or mountains . that is affordable. If that possible. A small not so well know Island would be fine also.

thank you for your time.
Y hurston
Pitcairn Islands? (Free land, etc.) Maybe Guam?

Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,591,685 times
I can't tell you everything I know...

I can't.

You'll have to beet it out of me..........

Or use any vegetable you like. But I won't talk

Puna calls...............

Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 PM

5,531 posts, read 12,714,142 times
Since you posted on the Oahu forum, I'm not sure I understand your first question. And what do you consider to be the "main island"?

What do you know about Hawaii? How much time have you spent reading through the many threads here already discussing a lot of your questions?

Have you read the sticky called Hawaii City by City/Island by Island and Answers to Your Relocation Questions?

Once you've spent some time reading, come back with your questions.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:13 PM

451 posts, read 415,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Since you posted on the Oahu forum, I'm not sure I understand your first question. And what do you consider to be the "main island"?

What do you know about Hawaii? How much time have you spent reading through the many threads here already discussing a lot of your questions?

Have you read the sticky called Hawaii City by City/Island by Island and Answers to Your Relocation Questions?

Once you've spent some time reading, come back with your questions.

Along with DOH's cogent questions and excellent recommendation, exactly (or far as you'd like to
us to understand) WHY do you what to live in Hawai'i?

Old 12-17-2017, 03:45 PM

36 posts, read 43,320 times
Kauai island...

Last edited by kiboca; 12-17-2017 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 12-17-2017, 04:55 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,248,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhurston View Post

thank you for your time.
Y hurston
Giiligan's Island...or perhaps Fantasy Island..since you seem to be clueless about Hawai'i and don't seem to have the inclination to do any research on your own.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:29 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,114,901 times
The main island - or at least, the one with the most population (Oahu) is one of the smaller islands. It is, however, not the most affordable island.

You and everyone else in Hawaii is looking for a small apartment or affordable house. The competition for housing is pretty fierce.

Not sure if meditation or yoga classes would be enough to pay for all your expenses, although if you had a pension from a previous nursing career, then that would help make ends meet.

Water or mountains is a personal choice and in some areas are both in the same location although cost of housing is probably more important than location.

Safe is not guaranteed no matter what area, although some are more likely to have less crime and such. Generally the more expensive areas are safer overall than the less expensive places, but then that goes against your wish for affordable.

Bug problems are incessant, there's always going to be bugs. They can be kept down but there will always pretty much be a constant battle against bugs. It's typical from the tropics. As for air quality, some areas have better air than others, Kauai is the furthest from the source of vog.

For everything you need to know as a newcomer, try reading the various topics in the forum and then maybe you'll have a question that isn't covered.

In any case, visit for awhile and see the different islands before deciding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii