U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 2,196 times

Advertisements

Aloha! We are on Oahu and looking to ship our gelding over... does anyone have good contacts of links for boat transportation?

We’d also love to know if there are any known boarding facilities that we can help work at to lessen costs of boarding! We were super involved in 4-H and this is our kiddos horse... we had to move here suddenly a year ago due to my health issues and they left everything they knew overnight. We are so tired of having his boarded and loved on from so far away... wanting him here again! HELP!

Mahalo, Dani
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,510,740 times
I wouldn't recommend shipping them on the barge. The will lose a lot of weight from the motion sickness.

Pacific Air Cargo Home - Pacific Air Cargo

Aloha Air Cargo Aloha Air Cargo

Either one of these companies can transport a large animal from the west coast to oahu on a climate controlled 737 or 747. You can request to accompany the animal as it's "handler" for it's safety if you want.

I don't know about Aloha Air Cargo, but Pacific Air Cargo transports cattle off the Big Island to the mainland and has an aircraft configured for transporting large animals.

Edited to add: We had contacted Pac Air about transporting our parrots, seem to remember price was reasonable, but decided to go another route due to logistics. Both airlines have regularly scheduled service, I wasn't suggesting a charter operation.

I try to keep up on large animal transportation, please let us know how this works out for you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or