Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 08:54 PM

290 posts, read 566,546 times

Advertisements

Our family of three is thinking of going to honolulu this June. Im currently pregnant due in september. This is our second time to go to Honolulu but will be first for our two year old son. Last time we went my husband and I stayed at Turtle Bay hotel. Were thinking of staying this time at Waikiki Parc, Modern Honolulu or Outrigger reef. Which one of the three is better or is there any other hotel that you can suggest. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 09:11 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,821,034 times
Of the three - I’d pick the Modern. But you didn’t say much in terms of criteria

On the main drag - I’d do Halekani or Royal Hawaiian

Old 04-24-2018, 09:14 PM

11,048 posts, read 23,945,389 times
Outrigger Reef is right on the beach, so going to the beach will be really easy. It's also within walking distance of many things in Waikiki. Walk down the beach and go to the Aquarium? Also the zoo. Although that may be a long walk for a 2 year old, so a stroller would be good.

If it gets really hot, there's a military museum right next to the Outrigger Reef and it used to be a free museum, not sure if it still is or not, but the air conditioning was really nice on a hot day.

I'm not overly familiar with the other two, so can't help you much with those.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,241,880 times
Might be out of your price range but the Waikiki Hyatt is real nice. Right on the beach. Every Friday nights is fire works night. The wife and i stay a couple of weekends a year on local Staycations!
Other wise i would go with the Outrigger Reef.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ha...resort-and-spa

Old 04-24-2018, 11:24 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,241,880 times
Might be out of your price range but the Hilton Hawaiian Village is real nice. Right on the beach. Every Friday nights is fire works night. The wife and i stay a couple of weekends a year on local Staycations!
Other wise i would go with the Outrigger Reef.

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/

Last edited by ScottStielow; 04-24-2018 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 AM

959 posts, read 1,208,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Our family of three is thinking of going to honolulu this June. Im currently pregnant due in september. This is our second time to go to Honolulu but will be first for our two year old son. Last time we went my husband and I stayed at Turtle Bay hotel. Were thinking of staying this time at Waikiki Parc, Modern Honolulu or Outrigger reef. Which one of the three is better or is there any other hotel that you can suggest. Thanks.
I’d probably recommend Hilton Hawaiian Village also because of the 2-yr old. The Lagoon is a pretty safe place for a kid that age to play. And the grounds are large. It’s pretty kid friendly.

Outrigger Reef would be my second choice. Right on the beach and right in the heart of the strip. Close to Durussy park for the kid to play.

Waikiki Parc is a nice place and convenient location but not so great for little kids. No grounds to run or play.

The Modern is nice. And an easy walk to the lagoon in front of the Hilton. But I almost never see kids there. The main restaurant is current closed and no announcement yet of what will be replacing it. And the hotel was just sold to a timeshare company from Las Vegas. So you’ll likely get encouraged to sit down for a long chat.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:36 AM

290 posts, read 566,546 times
How about Royal Hawaiian?

Old 04-25-2018, 12:42 AM

959 posts, read 1,208,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
How about Royal Hawaiian?
It’s a good choice. Same with Halekulani.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 PM

16 posts, read 16,010 times
You could rent a condo next door to the Hilton, in the Illikai. You could walk a little and stay in a condo at the Illikai Marina. Both are cheaper per night than The Modern, and you get a kitchen. They are an easy walking distance to the Hilton. Usually condos come with extras like beach toys, umbrellas, chairs and ice chests. They often have free parking too. I also got to stay in the Lagoon Tower, at the Hilton, with a kitchen, for less than The Modern. Just keep your eyes open for a deal. The lagoon is so much fun for kids. My daughter loved the kid's club, and the pools at the Hilton.
Even though I mention kitchens a lot, we did not cook much. I just find with kids, they are handy for some breakfasts, and lunches. We went out for dinners.
No matter which you pick, you will enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii