Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:34 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Chick-fil-A coming soon to Oahu - Honolulu, Hawaii news, sports & weather - KITV Channel 4

Quote:
In statement released on their website the company says, "We are honored to join the Aloha State and look forward to serving new and existing fans delicious food with remarkable hospitality."
The rumors actually seem to be true this time! Just like they have been crazy successful in NYC, I envision something similar here on Oahu. In any case, I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 10:35 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
I love chic-fil-a!

Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
They had been running commercials on Hawaii News Now repeatedly in the morning the past couple of weeks which are not from a national feed so figured something was up.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:33 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,569,617 times
Will they be acquiring their fresh chickens from Kauai?

Mmmmmmmmmmm, stringy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and tough! That's some fresh moa

Old 07-15-2018, 10:04 AM

493 posts, read 514,496 times
Fast food with a dash of homophobia is coming to Hawaii! How exciting!

Old 07-15-2018, 10:57 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
Fast food with a dash of homophobia is coming to Hawaii! How exciting!
Had to bring politics into it, huh? To that point, since when does a company official stating his personal opinion turn into speaking for the company and, moreover, turn into company policy Chick fil a offers the best customer service I've experienced at a fast food restaurant and I am not aware that the company discriminates in hiring based on sexual orientation (in fact, there have been numerous LGBT employees who have spoken positively about their employment at Chick fil a).

While I support same sex marriage, I am more than thrilled that the attempted backlash against Chick fil a failed miserably. Make no doubt about it, many of those who oppose same sex marriage are homophobes. But it does not compute that all of those who were opposed to changing a definition/concept of marriage that had been around for thousands of years did so out of animus toward gays. That's a rather wild accusation.

Back to the food, if Chick fil a comes while I'm still on island I may have to go back to consuming dairy as their milkshakes are simply too delicious!

Old 07-15-2018, 11:01 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage before they were for it. Chic-fil-a owner is still personally opposed to it, but that doesn't make him a homophobe.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:12 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage before they were for it. Chic-fil-a owner is still personally opposed to it, but that doesn't make him a homophobe.

Politicians evolve because of popular pressure. I'll give them credit for that. I'll also grudgingly give Dick Cheney that too.

Sorry, if a person who opposes one's ability to marry because of their ascribed characteristics, and supports policies as such - they're homophobic. Full stop. The founder has donated money to organizations such as the Family Research Council which is homophobic, and hostile to LGBTQ people.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:44 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Apparently all this homophobia hasn't stopped Chick-fil-A location in the SF Bay area to be packed......

And good news for the workers - they'll get Sunday off as they are closed that day.....

Old 07-15-2018, 12:53 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Politicians evolve because of popular pressure. I'll give them credit for that. I'll also grudgingly give Dick Cheney that too.

Sorry, if a person who opposes one's ability to marry because of their ascribed characteristics, and supports policies as such - they're homophobic. Full stop. The founder has donated money to organizations such as the Family Research Council which is homophobic, and hostile to LGBTQ people.
They are non-discriminatory in hiring and serving people. That is what matters most. They gave free drinks to people protesting them. They are classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii