Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 09:55 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
Exactly.

The same thing happened with the so called news organizations like OAN and Newsmax. They were peddling these fraud claims to their MAGA audience. The two vendors of the voting machines threatened to sue them for libel if they could not produce any evidence of such purported fraud. Since they had no such evidence, just half baked conspiracy theories, they retracted the stories.

It would all be quite comical if the consequences weren't so serious.
When will ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT’s, Washington Post, The Guardian, NPR, Forbes, Business Insider, and the rest of the Pravda media retract their stories about Trump Russia collusion to influence an election?

You know who hasn’t backed down? Sidney Powell.

The consequences of those stories aren’t serious? You’re a hack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 11:50 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,112,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
When will ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYT’s, Washington Post, The Guardian, NPR, Forbes, Business Insider, and the rest of the Pravda media retract their stories about Trump Russia collusion to influence an election?
Do we need to add BBC to that list?

Trump wall: How much has he actually built?

Old 12-27-2020, 12:56 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,841,688 times
Quote:

You know who hasn’t backed down? Sidney Powell.

The consequences of those stories aren’t serious? You’re a hack.
One thing is certain, Trump's antics will lessen future opportunities for Republicans.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other

Old 12-27-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
Do we need to add BBC to that list?

Trump wall: How much has he actually built?
You will believe anything the MSM will tell you. Sad. Really sad. Pick any MSM source and they are all over the place. One says 3 miles of wall was built, another says 110 miles of wall was built, another says so much wall was built and done so fast that it is creating a environmental impact. This is why no one, well at least reasonable people do not believe the MSM. You continue to trust them like a sheep.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 12-27-2020 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-27-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
One thing is certain, Trump's antics will lessen future opportunities for Republicans.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e_iOSApp_Other
I wouldn’t even line my birdcage with that rag. Keep eating up leftist propaganda. Just another leftist rag that reported non-stop about the Trump Russia collusion hoax where there was no criminal predicate yet bury the Hunter/Joe Biden China scandal where there is criminal predicate.

How well did the Democrats do this election? How many seats were the democrats expecting to add to the House and flipping the Senate? I think you leftists expected to add 15 seats to the House and take back the Senate? None of that happened. You lost 14 seats in the House and didn’t take back the Senate did you. Tell me again about President Trump’s demeanor and behavior? You probably believe a guy who never left his basement, hardly ever campaigned outperformed Obama, the first black President. Maybe, just maybe it was Biden, not Obama everyone was voting for in 2008 and 2012. Maybe it was Magic Joe who got Obama past the finish line.

The Guardian is so out of touch they have no idea what President Trump’s legacy will be and it will not have anything to do with his braggadocio. It’s because of his demeanor he was able to expose DC for what it is. That will be his greatest of legacies. The people cannot unsee what our president has exposed. Only an outsider with nothing to lose who cannot be bought can expose this corruption, not a career establishment politician. That is why they and people like yourself hate and despises him so much. The dark doesn’t like the light.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 12-27-2020 at 02:33 PM..

Old 12-27-2020, 02:06 PM

21,760 posts, read 16,386,231 times
Quote:
You will believe anything the MSM will tell you. Sad. Really sad. Pick any MSM source and they are all over the place. One says 3 miles of wall was built, another says 110 miles of wall was built, another says so much wall was built and done so fast that it is creating a environmental impact. This is why no one, well at least reasonable people do not believe the MSM. You continue to trust them like a sheep.
*cough*
Quote:
Sheep are not stupid ... and they are not helpless either
Sheep are one of the most unfairly stereotyped animals on the planet. Almost everything we believe about them is wrong

Reputation: Sheep are stupid, defenceless and harmless creatures that mope about on hillsides doing not very much. They are good for two things: being eaten and producing wool.

Reality: Sheep are actually surprisingly intelligent, with impressive memory and recognition skills. They build friendships, stick up for one another in fights, and feel sad when their friends are sent to slaughter.

Intelligent. Complex. Sociable. All words we would quickly assign to humans, but would not dream of extending to sheep, those fluffy white creatures you see milling about in fields – or served up with mint sauce on your dinner plate.
Instead, we have decreed that sheep (Ovis aries) are just plain stupid. This opinion has not changed much since the 1700s, when George Washington, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America, declared: "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
Nowadays, to be "a sheep" is to be someone who mindlessly follows others: "a waste of flesh and brain cells," as Urban Dictionary puts it.
The truth is that sheep are far smarter than we know.

A 2001 study by Keith Kendrick, who is now at the University of Electronic Science and Technology in China, found that they can recognise and remember at least 50 individual faces for more than 2 years. That is longer than many humans...

... Caroline Lee of the CSIRO in Australia has also studied sheep intelligence. She discovered that sheep can learn how to navigate out of a complex maze. The enticing sight of their fellow sheep friends awaiting them at the finish helped them reach the exit.
Sheep aside, officer, where do you get your news?

Old 12-27-2020, 03:00 PM

1,585 posts, read 2,112,362 times
Quote:

As an independent (you know, someone that actually pays attention to issues rather than politics) I spend about 50% of my "news time" on foxnews. I like to see the view from both conservatives and liberals as the perspective is dramatically different when comparing fox to many other "MSM" networks. In this day and age it's more important than ever to try to empathize and put yourself in other's shoes. The problem with most people (including yourself) is that they spend their lives living in an information bubble, being fed only one very biased perspective.

I agree with Trump that everyone should receive $2,000 checks. But why he was absent in months of negotiations is beyond me. I have argued since inception of the virus that we should maintain increased relief for Americans; I have disagreed with republicans on the issue of mass reopening vs maintaining some closures/lockdowns BUT compensating those that are unable to pay bills, no fault of their own.

As others here noted, Trump thoroughly rolled his constituency and party under the bus. It's hard to be a rational, logical Republican and stand behind his actions.

Regarding the wall, I have never been pro or anti wall. I feel that in this day an age with more efficient, lower cost surveillance tech a costly wall shouldn't be required. But I can also empathize with those living in border cities that deal with negative repercussions as a result of having an open border policy. The wall does raise concern about the well-being of migratory animals; it's a very real issue that should be addressed.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
*cough*

Sheep aside, officer, where do you get your news?
The BBC is good for something at least. I appreciate their synopsis of the characteristics of sheep. Now that’s out of the way, “Bah.” I don’t get my news from the MSM or any leftist site because they do not report news. I’ll read and watch what they say, but I take it with either a grain of salt or suspicion. Outlets that bury the Hunter Biden corruption scandal yet peddled the Trump Russia collusion hoax can’t be trusted, especially the NYT’s that buried the Holocaust.

I read the Epochtimes, Conservative Treehouse, Just The News, Spectator, Redstate, Zero Hedge, WSJ, and The Hill mostly. I listen to Mark Levin, Michael Knowles. Dan Bongino, and Ben Shapiro.

I particularly read pieces from Andy McCarthy, Sarah Carter, Victor Davis Hanson, and John Solomon.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 12-27-2020 at 03:51 PM..

Old 12-27-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj737 View Post
As an independent (you know, someone that actually pays attention to issues rather than politics) I spend about 50% of my "news time" on foxnews. I like to see the view from both conservatives and liberals as the perspective is dramatically different when comparing fox to many other "MSM" networks. In this day and age it's more important than ever to try to empathize and put yourself in other's shoes. The problem with most people (including yourself) is that they spend their lives living in an information bubble, being fed only one very biased perspective.

I agree with Trump that everyone should receive $2,000 checks. But why he was absent in months of negotiations is beyond me. I have argued since inception of the virus that we should maintain increased relief for Americans; I have disagreed with republicans on the issue of mass reopening vs maintaining some closures/lockdowns BUT compensating those that are unable to pay bills, no fault of their own.

As others here noted, Trump thoroughly rolled his constituency and party under the bus. It's hard to be a rational, logical Republican and stand behind his actions.

Regarding the wall, I have never been pro or anti wall. I feel that in this day an age with more efficient, lower cost surveillance tech a costly wall shouldn't be required. But I can also empathize with those living in border cities that deal with negative repercussions as a result of having an open border policy. The wall does raise concern about the well-being of migratory animals; it's a very real issue that should be addressed.
As a Constitutional conservative, I pay attention to both politics and issues, but mostly a persons virtue and philosophical world view. My philosophical world view has been established and the leftist worldview is the antithesis to mine. There is nothing I share in common with them and I have zero desire to compromise with them. To me, they are the enemy. More and more I watch, listen, and read less of what they have to say because there is nothing they stand for that promotes Constitutionalism and Americanism. Everything I need to know about them are in books like Das Kapital, Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals, The Communist Manifesto, anything from Paul Krugman or Noam Chomsky. I watched enough of them burning down cities, looting, rioting, and kicking the living snot out of people. Their world view is ideological where man must conform to its will rather than a a philosophical worldview that conforms to man. The leftist world view is dangerous, chaotic, and violent. There is no civility within it

I don’t agree with any of these stimulus packages. It is not stimulus when you’re printing money. So what that does in the simplest of terms causes more dollars to chase the same product. So rather than a widget costing $1, it now costs $2. There would have been no need for stimulus if we never targeted small businesses to close down. Covid has been a disaster for the little guy and been a blessing to big business and corporations. Revenue from Walmart has been blowing through last years sales. So while the wealthy become more wealthy, the middle class is disappearing from this nonsense pandemic that has a survival rate of 99.9%. What the hell is $2000 going to do for a person who lost their business to the rules set by governors, mayors, and bureaucrats? $50,000 wouldn’t even help them. So we get a bill from Congress filled with nonsense pork going to other nations to be laundered back into politicians bank accounts. And while their bank accounts get filled, we have now become more dependent on the crumbs given to us by the government.

We are no longer governed. There is no longer a government of the people. That is a myth. The truth is, we are ruled where every day we lose a little more of our liberty. President Trump is just a temporary stop to this old tired and tried leftist movement in our nation, but it is temporary. He will be gone and I fear what us Patriots will be capable of to protect our God given liberty. Patriots will refuse to be ruled and are ready for a fight. A leftist asked “so how many gunships do you have?” A Patriot replied “How many do you have? Whose side do you think the military is on?”

I apologize for the long post.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:58 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,841,688 times
Quote:
As a Constitutional conservative, I pay attention to both politics and issues, but mostly a persons virtue and philosophical world view. My philosophical world view has been established and the leftist worldview is the antithesis to mine. There is nothing I share in common with them and I have zero desire to compromise with them. To me, they are the enemy. More and more I watch, listen, and read less of what they have to say because there is nothing they stand for that promotes Constitutionalism and Americanism. Everything I need to know about them are in books like Das Kapital, Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals, The Communist Manifesto, anything from Paul Krugman or Noam Chomsky. I watched enough of them burning down cities, looting, rioting, and kicking the living snot out of people. Their world view is ideological where man must conform to its will rather than a a philosophical worldview that conforms to man. The leftist world view is dangerous, chaotic, and violent. There is no civility within it

I don’t agree with any of these stimulus packages. It is not stimulus when you’re printing money.

I apologize for the long post.
Can we assume that if the Democrats offer to forgive your wife's $180,000 in student loans, you will turn them down based upon your principles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii