U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-26-2020, 09:02 AM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Did President Trump say to go and drink or inject cleaning products? No. He didn’t even suggest it, but listing to the media, you would think otherwise.

Did President Trump tell people to drink fish tank cleaner? No. I’m sorry, but if you take fish tank cleaner and believe that is the same drug as hydroxychloraquin that is giving to people infected with Covid-19 you’re an idiot. ...

Stop watching the MSM. All they do is lie and attack. They are a disgrace and can’t be trusted.

...
From FOX News coverage:

States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-sp...-control-calls
Quote:
The American Association of Poison Control Centers confirmed to Fox News that there has been a general increase in poison control calls across the nation.

"During January – March 2020 poison centers received 45,550 exposure calls related to cleaners (28,158) and disinfectants (17,392) representing overall increases of 20.4 % and 16.4% from the same time period January -March 2019," the AAPCC said in a statement.

"Although NPDS does not provide a definite link between exposures and COVID -19 there appears to be a clear temporal association with increased use of these products."
So, yes, there really are a lot of “idiots” out there ... listening to their ‘leader’.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-26-2020, 09:13 AM
 
2,378 posts, read 1,116,665 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Excited? No. Focused on scientific truth and information dissemination, yes.
You say you’re focused on scientific truth, but ignore that this virus has a death rate of .1%. The projected models had the death rate 20 to 30 times higher than that and that was the motivation for the isolation policies. Even if the death toll goes up to 100,000 people, that is still a death rate close to .1%.

It seems no one, especially those on the left are not looking at empirical evidence along with principles of biology established; and then thoughtfully restore the country to get back online. Rather, they want everything shutdown until there is a vaccine or a proper treatment.

Why is the left pushing fear?

FEAR is key to this entire socialist hoax...
FEAR keeps people under control...
FEAR keeps people in Lock Down...
Lock Down enables VOTER manipulation...come November...
VOTER manipulation enables their 2020 Landslide for socialism...

You can chalk that up as a conspiracy theory, but I highly doubt it. Wasn’t it a leftist who said “don’t ever let a good crisis go to waste?” I think he was the mayor of Chicago and good friends with Obama.

NYC, the epicenter of this pandemic and the death rate of people between the age 18-45 is .01%. That is one death out of 10,000 infected. People who are 75 and older the death rate is 80 times more than that and the death rate for people under the age 18 is practically zero out of 100,000. 90% of all the deaths in NYC had an underlying illness.

Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19.

Here is empirical evidence and scientific truth and information you were talking about.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 09:14 AM
 
2,378 posts, read 1,116,665 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
From FOX News coverage:

States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-sp...-control-calls


So, yes, there really are a lot of “idiots” out there ... listening to their ‘leader’.
Maybe natural selection should let this play out.

Seems you also believe that is what he was saying. Truthfully, anyone he believes that is what our president was suggesting, you are really a moron. Btw, he’s your leader too.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 08:28 PM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
You say you’re focused on scientific truth, but ignore that this virus has a death rate of .1%. The projected models had the death rate 20 to 30 times higher than that and that was the motivation for the isolation policies. Even if the death toll goes up to 100,000 people, that is still a death rate close to .1%.
.
I didn’t “ignore evidence” of any kind at any time. Never denied the death rate - because, among other reasons - it isn’t known yet. Lol.

How many medical professionals have to report that the number of cases and deaths are still unknown due to lack of timely recognition of the virus and its spread, and to lack of testing for months and months and months and still? How many have to state unequivocally that all has been under reported before that sinks in for you, hoss? Now, I’ve never said what I think / believe the death rate is. Because? I don’t know. And neither do you.

That said, what I have pointed out, repeatedly, is that the death rate is only meaningful in relation to the rate of infections. That is unarguable. The rate of infectiousness isn’t known because this is a very weird virus that infects many without sickening them, others with mild symptoms often mistaken for other problems, and a wide variety of symptoms that differ in combinations to further obfuscate the mess. You simply can’t know what you insist you do - until there is VERY wide testing data accumulated and analyzed ... which hasn’t happened yet.

Only blind ideologues argue and insist they know as you do.

And for the 1,000,000th time: the “models” were based on various scenarios including no shut downs or distancing ... and based on preliminary data still not well buttressed.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 08:42 PM
 
2,378 posts, read 1,116,665 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I didn’t “ignore evidence” of any kind at any time. Never denied the death rate - because, among other reasons - it isn’t known yet. Lol.

How many medical professionals have to report that the number of cases and deaths are still unknown due to lack of timely recognition of the virus and its spread, and to lack of testing for months and months and months and still? How many have to state unequivocally that all has been under reported before that sinks in for you, hoss? Now, I’ve never said what I think / believe the death rate is. Because? I don’t know. And neither do you.

That said, what I have pointed out, repeatedly, is that the death rate is only meaningful in relation to the rate of infections. That is unarguable. The rate of infectiousness isn’t known because this is a very weird virus that infects many without sickening them, others with mild symptoms often mistaken for other problems, and a wide variety of symptoms that differ in combinations to further obfuscate the mess. You simply can’t know what you insist you do - until there is VERY wide testing data accumulated and analyzed ... which hasn’t happened yet.

Only blind ideologues argue and insist they know as you do.

And for the 1,000,000th time: the “models” were based on various scenarios including no shut downs or distancing ... and based on preliminary data still not well buttressed.
So we really have no understanding of this virus and we don’t even know how deadly it is or how not deadly it is, but we are going to completely wreck our economy based on that? Yeah. That makes sense.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 08:53 PM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
...
It seems no one, especially those on the left are not looking at empirical evidence along with principles of biology established; and then thoughtfully restore the country to get back online. Rather, they want everything shutdown until there is a vaccine or a proper treatment.

Why is the left pushing fear?

FEAR is key to this entire socialist hoax...
FEAR keeps people under control...
FEAR keeps people in Lock Down...
Lock Down enables VOTER manipulation...come November...
VOTER manipulation enables their 2020 Landslide for socialism...

You can chalk that up as a conspiracy theory, but I highly doubt it. Wasn’t it a leftist who said “don’t ever let a good crisis go to waste?” I think he was the mayor of Chicago and good friends with Obama.

NYC, the epicenter of this pandemic and the death rate of people between the age 18-45 is .01%. That is one death out of 10,000 infected. People who are 75 and older the death rate is 80 times more than that and the death rate for people under the age 18 is practically zero out of 100,000. 90% of all the deaths in NYC had an underlying illness.

Of 6,570 confirmed COVID-19 deaths fully investigated for underlying conditions to date, 6,520, or 99.2 percent, had an underlying illness. If you do not already have an underlying chronic condition, your chances of dying are small, regardless of age. And young adults and children in normal health have almost no risk of any serious illness from COVID-19.

Here is empirical evidence and scientific truth and information you were talking about.
Now then, you refer to “the left” as if it is unified in some sort of conspiratorial brotherhood ... and Tulemutt is part of “the left”. What makes you associate me with the left? Because I despise Trump? Lol. Want a list of lifelong conservative Republicans who despise Trump? I won’t bother to list even a fraction of what I could spend all day typing out.

Facts:
My favorite political commentator to follow, #1 on my list for years, is: David Brooks, lifelong conservative Republican.

Others I respect and read frequently? George Will and Bill Kristol. Heard of them?

I voted for HW Bush. Pretty sure he wasn’t a Democrat.

If I lived in Ohio I’d have voted for John Kasich for governor ... like I did for Schwarzenegger in California.

I am a very strong advocate for states rights and limited reach of central government.

I support elimination of the welfare state and systems.

I am bullish on extreme immigration controls.

I can go on. High school drop out from the upper mid-west, career enlisted military, blue-collar self-employed printer. Sound like a “leftist” to you?

Now, I am also not a “righty.” I am a clear thinking independent. There are issues I support that are identified with the left. Others that are identified with the right. What I support and oppose has to do with my interpretation of science mostly ... especially anthropology as it illuminates best every aspect of humankind’s nature, design, evolution ...

Everything you list above as “FEAR” “pushed by the left” is at least equally or more true of being pushed by the right. Your comments are frankly absurd under any rational and historic analysis.

None of the statistics you cite add up to the positions you try to advance. The statistics are simply numbers. YOU apply them without any erudition ... but rather to support your True Believer ideology. Eric Hoffer defined the mold you are cast in, back in 1952-3.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 09:08 PM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
So we really have no understanding of this virus and we don’t even know how deadly it is or how not deadly it is, but we are going to completely wreck our economy based on that? Yeah. That makes sense.
I never said it made sense. Didn’t say otherwise either. I have said, however, that at this point in the challenge: the unknowns outnumber the knowns by a practically infinite margin. And those make for bad odds in acting without extreme caution as the first rule. This means, for now, while we gather intelligence on the enemy, we are smarter to lay low and disengage as much as possible while we learn and create wise strategies.

You are the one who’s been predicting society’s breakdown and economic collapse based on endless shut down.

It’s been barely a couple months. You have no idea how long or short we might be shut down.

You were a career LEO. I know you have backbone to have endured that. I know you have learned the value of patience. I know you have practiced and practiced and practiced controlling situations and deescalation.

As I said before: you strike me as having a full inventory of brain cells ... and nothing but good motivations. Wearing ideological blinders is the hiccup ... as it is with the majority of people.

Good night officer.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-26-2020, 09:14 PM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Maybe natural selection should let this play out.

Seems you also believe that is what he was saying. Truthfully, anyone he believes that is what our president was suggesting, you are really a moron. Btw, he’s your leader too.
Oh, one last thing: no, he’s not my leader. He doesn’t have a leader cell in his being. He is severely mentally disordered. And 60,000 mental health professionals at least are in complete agreement on that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2020, 08:30 AM
 
2,378 posts, read 1,116,665 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh, one last thing: no, he’s not my leader. He doesn’t have a leader cell in his being. He is severely mentally disordered. And 60,000 mental health professionals at least are in complete agreement on that.
I’m sure these same mental health professionals don’t see an issue with Biden who is suffering from dementia and who can’t keep his hands off little girls. But yeah, President Trump is suffering from a mental disorder?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-27-2020, 08:59 AM
 
Location: On the water.
20,741 posts, read 13,716,453 times
Reputation: 18550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m sure these same mental health professionals don’t see an issue with Biden who is suffering from dementia and who can’t keep his hands off little girls. But yeah, President Trump is suffering from a mental disorder?
1. I don’t know their position on Biden, but I do recall they identified from all four political ideology paths (right, left, libertarian, and independent).

2. I haven’t said a thing about Biden, myself (but since you mention: he was never on my list of preferred candidates to counter Trump) ... so don’t know why you are tossing Biden into the conversation as a comp.

3. Biden’s cognitive condition, as you suggest it to be, isn’t known (and Trump certainly exhibits many traits associated with dementia decline as well).

4. Your accusation of Biden as a pedophile is unfitting for a career cop to make, as such, is entirely speculative based on no actual evidence. I understand you dislike Biden, and have no problem with that. But you just tarnished my impression of your character for making that call.

5. We have strayed completely off thread topic, so back to how any of this relates to COVID 19?
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top