U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 12:18 PM

451 posts, read 347,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That is 100% of what you are trying to accomplish by flattening the curve.

By flattening -

You don't overwhelm the health care system

Increase chances for a treatment

Buy time for a vaccine

I just don't understand why some folks don't get that by not flattening the curve - you'd practically have no chance to go to a hospital for not just the virus but anything else.

Completely agree. The run on the hospitals and clinics would be overwhelming; you'd have a lot of infected hospital and clinic personnel, and in all likelihood they would stop going to work in order to protect themselves and their families. Here on Hawai'i that kind of scenerio would be absolutely castastrophic since we have such a limited medical infrastructure relative to the population.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-24-2020, 12:49 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,066,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh? And that’s why the manufacturer of Lysol and doctors across the country have been issuing statements warning people to not follow Trump’s suggestion?

I watched the presser too. Couldn’t miss what he said. Stupidest thing ever said by anybody about anything ever in the history of the world.

No time now to respond to your whole unhinged post. Maybe some more points later. “Flattening the curve” is exactly an example of successful distancing, etc.

Math is indeed my friend. Apparently not yours.

You can take your religious fervor to the religion forum though.
So your interpretation of what President Trump stated was to inject disinfectant to cure yourself from Coronavirus? Lmao.

These manufacturers probably had to put that statement out because of how the media reported on President Trump’s statement. After all, we have a generation of imbeciles who eat Tide Pods, lick toilet seats and door knobs. You surprised?

What’s unhinged is you believing President Trump telling people to drink bleach and inject themselves with Lysol. Geez!

Bill Byron was explaining how they tested isopropyl alcohol and bleach on the virus in saliva and respiratory fluids and how quick the virus dies. Then President Trump spike right after asking if there was a way some kind of disinfectant can be injected to kill the virus while using medical doctors. But of course the media who you believe is not partial and free lies and says Trump wants people to drink Drano to cure the Coronavirus.

Math is obviously not your friend when you can’t understand the difference of the amount of deaths between a death rate of .1% to 1% if the same amount is people have been infected.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That is 100% of what you are trying to accomplish by flattening the curve.

By flattening -

You don't overwhelm the health care system

Increase chances for a treatment

Buy time for a vaccine

I just don't understand why some folks don't get that by not flattening the curve - you'd practically have no chance to go to a hospital for not just the virus but anything else.
Yes, the purpose is to limit overwhelming the healthcare system all at once. It has nothing to do with limiting the amount of people who will be infected over a period of time.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:11 PM

20,692 posts, read 13,119,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
So your interpretation of what President Trump stated was to inject disinfectant to cure yourself from Coronavirus? Lmao.

These manufacturers probably had to put that statement out because of how the media reported on President Trump’s statement. After all, we have a generation of imbeciles who eat Tide Pods, lick toilet seats and door knobs. You surprised?

What’s unhinged is you believing President Trump telling people to drink bleach and inject themselves with Lysol. Geez!

Bill Byron was explaining how they tested isopropyl alcohol and bleach on the virus in saliva and respiratory fluids and how quick the virus dies. Then President Trump spike right after asking if there was a way some kind of disinfectant can be injected to kill the virus while using medical doctors. But of course the media who you believe is not partial and free lies and says Trump wants people to drink Drano to cure the Coronavirus.

Math is obviously not your friend when you can’t understand the difference of the amount of deaths between a death rate of .1% to 1% if the same amount is people have been infected.
Hilarious sir. The POTUS himself has just issued a statement claiming he was “asking a sarcastic question to see what you (reporter) would do”.
Quote:
I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters just like you, just to see what would happen," Trump said on Friday during a bill signing for the coronavirus aid package. "I was asking a sarcastic and a very sarcastic question to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside.
And here’s the quote from POTUS that has the medical profession across the country issuing statements:
Quote:
: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
The phenomenal ignorance of that question is beyond comprehension ... for exactly the reason you cite: stupid people really do take such comments as suggestions.

In fact:
Quote:
Man Dies, Wife Hospitalized From Ingesting Fish Tank Cleaner to Prevent COVID-19

By Tom Rosenthal
Self-medication by a Phoenix-area couple in their 60s with chloroquine phosphate in the mistaken belief the additive, commonly used by aquariums to clean fish tanks, was a prophylactic for COVID-19 resulted in the husband’s death and his spouse in critical care, according to officials.
... wife reported that they had been listening to Trump’s support for hydroxycloroquine as a prophylactic against COVID 19 ... saw it was in the fish treatment and started taking it.

The media did not say “ Trump wants people to drink Drano to cure the Coronavirus. ”. They quoted him and played the tape exactly as I just did. You are off into your hyperbole defense. Nonsense.

And we were not talking about “ death rate of .1% to 1% if the same amount is people have been infected”. Go back and read with a clear head. I several times gave examples of how different numbers of infected / death rates demonstrate the danger of COVID19 even with a lower death rate in a higher number of infected. You can’t follow simple math examples? Never discussed: same number of infected / different mortality rates. quote me.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Hilarious sir. The POTUS himself has just issued a statement claiming he was “asking a sarcastic question to see what you (reporter) would do”.

And here’s the quote from POTUS that has the medical profession across the country issuing statements:

The phenomenal ignorance of that question is beyond comprehension ... for exactly the reason you cite: stupid people really do take such comments as suggestions.

In fact:
... wife reported that they had been listening to Trump’s support for hydroxycloroquine as a prophylactic against COVID 19 ... saw it was in the fish treatment and started taking it.

The media did not say “ Trump wants people to drink Drano to cure the Coronavirus. ”. They quoted him and played the tape exactly as I just did. You are off into your hyperbole defense. Nonsense.

And we were not talking about “ death rate of .1% to 1% if the same amount is people have been infected”. Go back and read with a clear head. I several times gave examples of how different numbers of infected / death rates demonstrate the danger of COVID19 even with a lower death rate in a higher number of infected. You can’t follow simple math examples? Never discussed: same number of infected / different mortality rates. quote me.
Did President Trump say to go and drink or inject cleaning products? No. He didn’t even suggest it, but listing to the media, you would think otherwise.

Did President Trump tell people to drink fish tank cleaner? No. I’m sorry, but if you take fish tank cleaner and believe that is the same drug as hydroxychloraquin that is giving to people infected with Covid-19 you’re an idiot. The fact you are even using that as an argument shows how much you are desperate. Stop watching the MSM. All they do is lie and attack. They are a disgrace and can’t be trusted.

Is the death rate of Covid-19 3.4%? No. It’s looking to be .1%, the same as the seasonal flu. Do we shut down the economy every flu season? Nope. I agree, the more people infected with Covid-19 will result in more deaths. That’s not the argument. The argument is we don’t shut down economies for the seasonal flu which is looking to have the same death rate as Covid-19. I’m not sure why this is difficult concept for you to understand. I’m not speaking in riddles.

I was obviously being hyperbolic with saying “Drano.” The media though is telling people that Trump suggests people to inject or drink household cleaning products.

This is something interesting. Trump isn’t so stupid after all.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-...120000824.html

Old 04-24-2020, 05:07 PM

5,484 posts, read 11,639,465 times
COVID-19 is much more deadly than "just the flu". It causes clots to form in the lungs, resulting in younger people having more strokes than normal. Excerpts from an article in the Washington Post: "There weren’t enough doctors to treat all the emergency stroke patients ... Dr. Oxley gasped when he got to the patient’s age and covid-19 status: 44, positive. The man was among several recent stroke patients in their 30s to 40s who were all infected with the virus. The median age for that type of severe stroke is 74. ... As Dr. Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. ... As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real-time around it. “This is crazy,” he remembers telling his boss."

Sorry, NYfinestbxtf, but Mr. Trump is supposed to be a President, which means he is supposed to be the leader of the nation. The leader is supposed to be giving reliable information to the public. Instead Trump says wild, strange things and then says, "just kidding". Does Mr. Trump understand that more than 50,000 people have died in the US from this virus? It's not a joking matter!

Old 04-24-2020, 05:26 PM

11,868 posts, read 16,009,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
COVID-19 is much more deadly than "just the flu".
You don't even have to go past that sentence.

There is no vaccine.

In 6 weeks - we've had as many deaths than a typical flu season that lasts from October to April. And that is taking into account all the measures that have been taken.

Even if this ultimately kills 0.1% like the flu - no vaccine means potentially 75,000,000 deaths - the Spanish Flu killed between 20-50 million when healthcare was far worse.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 13,965,219 times
Quote:

In fact:

I take it you didn't actually watch the press conference and, instead, rely on what the media has reported? At the same press conference, President Trump stated:

Quote:
“It wouldn’t be through injections, you’re talking about almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big affect if it’s on a stationary object.”
https://twitter.com/knewenigma/statu...04548461338624

If you still want to criticize that, fine. If you want to call out the president for his remarks about sarcasm, fine. But when you push an incomplete narrative (incomplete because it lacks context, which makes it incorrect), you lose credibility.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:24 PM

138 posts, read 154,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
This is something interesting. Trump isn’t so stupid after all.
YES. He is sooooo stupid, after all.

Every time I try to listen to him talk, I am robbed of, at least, two more IQ digits.

And, just curious, why does a "benevolent" "god" want so many of us to die? Is she/he just killing the "bad" people?

Old 04-24-2020, 07:25 PM

11,868 posts, read 16,009,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I take it you didn't actually watch the press conference
I typically watch all of the press conferences - unfortunately for the entertainment value.

I've also watched the disinfectant clip and light clip played over and over on tv at least 10 times.

Suffice it to say - it was much more over the top ridiculous than usual - for a guy who is running for reelection, he really should be more careful with his words - he is often his own worst enemy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii