Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It's hard to believe that with 300+ million people in America, the two candidates for president will be Trump and Biden. Both past 70 and both showing symptoms of senile dementia.

Is this really the best we have to offer?

Aren't you people arguing on this thread embarrassed to be defending these two twits?

But, but, my twit is better than your twit! SMH!
Not sure if you are referring to me as defending or promoting Biden ... I haven’t said one word about Biden. Haven’t read anyone else say anything about Biden either. Biden was never on my list of favored candidates.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:54 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And I get it, prospect, that you are trying to minimize Trump’s dangerous stupidity. In your attempt you are ignoring full context just as you accuse the media of doing. If you want to fully contextualize in detail, you should note that Trump’s initial comments included not only the term “inject” but followed with “or almost a cleaning“ as well as “inject”. His attempt to backstroke out of the cesspool did not include any correction about an internal “cleaning” ... pretty much an equally insane suggestion inferring getting disinfectant inside the body for a good scrub up.

My assessment wasn’t based “on a clip” either. Trump’s pressers are notoriously filled with bs ... every time. How many lies fact-checked so far in his days in office? It was over 16,000 back in mid-January. And you want to suggest ‘context’ is unfairly missed with this human train wreck?

Over 60,000 psychiatrists, psychologists and mental health professionals signed a letter over a year ago identifying the dangerousness of this president’s mental disorders. Dangerously sick. Gets no “contextual” passes from me.
And, I get it, Tulemutt, you seem to be among those who attack the president for whatever he does or says (even when he walks back initial statements that you found troubling to begin with) and have no problem painting an incorrect narrative on a position.

I do not ignore the full context, though you certainly have based on your earlier posts. I don't ignore the full context precisely because I don't ignore the other statements that were made; I acknowledge that they were made, but the subsequent statements do add some nuance to the earlier remarks. I am not here sticking up for the statements made by Trump or condemning them. Rather, I am condemning efforts by the media and others to attack the president in this and other instances by painting a picture that lacks context.

The comments were silly. But its equally silly and downright dangerous to try to push a narrative outside of the full context.

I'm not here to get into a back and forth about Trump's press conferences (though I have happily done so in the Politics & Other Controversies forum and have called out similar and more egregious distortions made by the media and some other posters).

60,000 psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals signing a letter stating they think the president is mentally ill is so laughably stupid that its not funny. These are "professionals" attempting to diagnose someone without having sat down with and personally evaluated the person. That goes against the basic fundamentals of medical diagnosis and shows these peoples' partisan stripes.

Feel free to respond if you like, but I'm done with this particular debate as I don't want the thread being closed.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And I get it, Tulemutt, you seem to be among those who attack the president for whatever he does and have no problem painting an incorrect narrative on a position.

I do not ignore the full context, though you certainly have based on your posts. I don't ignore the full context precisely because I don't ignore the other statements that were made; I acknowledge that they were made, but the subsequent statements do add some nuance to the earlier remarks. I am not here sticking up for the statements made by Trump or condemning them. Rather, I am condemning efforts by the media and others to attack the president in this and other instances by painting a picture that lacks context.

The comments were silly. But its equally silly and downright dangerous to try to push a narrative outside of the full context.

I'm not here to get into a back and forth about Trump's press conferences (though I have happily done so in the Politics & Other Controversies forum and have called out similar and more egregious distortions made by the media and some other posters).

60,000 psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals signing a letter stating they think the president is mentally ill is so laughably stupid that its not funny. These are "professionals" attempting to diagnose someone without having sat down with the person. That goes against the basic fundamentals of medical diagnosis and shows these peoples' partisan stripes.
I just demonstrated that you ignored full context. Own it. Trump called for looking into using disinfectants for “internal cleaning” ... then, when elbowed, he later said but “not by injection” ... never correcting the central issue of the insanity of internal cleaning of the human body by disinfectants. That’s the ‘full context’: “internal cleaning” of the human body with disinfectants.

It’s an insane suggestion.

Then he calls it a joke later ... to “test reporters’ reactions.”

There’s no defense of this.

And 60,000 mental health professionals is not a joke. A few might have been a joke. 60,000 is not. And, speaking of context and being dismissive, have you read their letter? Have you read their rationale for breaking the old “Goldwater Rule”? Do you know the history of the “Goldwater Rule” and why it was put in place ... it originated to buttress against lawsuits ... and was dressed as strictly ethics. Which it’s not. A lot has changed in the world since that Rule was adopted by the psychiatry profession. The ability to study individuals’ behaviors outside of one on one venues has become dynamic. Your dismissiveness resonates lack of knowledge on your part. Time to educate yourself before you dig a hole.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:43 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You don't even have to go past that sentence.

There is no vaccine.

In 6 weeks - we've had as many deaths than a typical flu season that lasts from October to April. And that is taking into account all the measures that have been taken.

Even if this ultimately kills 0.1% like the flu - no vaccine means potentially 75,000,000 deaths - the Spanish Flu killed between 20-50 million when healthcare was far worse.

If it were .1% mortality applied to every person on the planet then the death number would be 7.5 million.

Old 04-25-2020, 12:34 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Tulemutte suffers from a severe case of TDS. Ignore this person. Completely bias and quite boring. Sky is falling. This person is the product of the state without any independent thought. This person just regurgitates what is told to them from the media. Zzzzzzzz

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 04-25-2020 at 12:47 AM..

Old 04-25-2020, 03:09 AM

606 posts, read 419,379 times
Given all the Asian travelers Hawaii receives I am surprised their numbers aren't higher.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Tulemutte suffers from a severe case of TDS. Ignore this person. Completely bias and quite boring. Sky is falling. This person is the product of the state without any independent thought. This person just regurgitates what is told to them from the media. Zzzzzzzz
Aloha

Old 04-25-2020, 08:53 AM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
If it were .1% mortality applied to every person on the planet then the death number would be 7.5 million.

I believe 75 million is the correct number based on the 7.5 billion cited number.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montezia View Post
Given all the Asian travelers Hawaii receives I am surprised their numbers aren't higher.
Most of the Asian visitors are from Japan where they have not had much illness in their country until just recently, after travel restrictions were in place.

The virus was spreading prior to first documented case though, that's been recently established. Mid to late February.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
I believe 75 million is the correct number based on the 7.5 billion cited number.
7500000000 is that not 7.5 billion? 8 zeroes. .1 is 10 percent. .01 is 1 percent. .001 is .1 percent.

7500000000 X .001 equals 7,500,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii