Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 07:04 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,320,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I was being nice. And I won't be voting for either of them.

Conservatives do not like the mail in ballot and no voter ID provision Nancy Pelosi is trying to sneak into C19 stimulus bills. She says she is doing it to make the election virus proof. First the election is five months from now. So any sentient being knows that’s a crock of nonsense. People line up to Costco, Walmart, Ross, and a bunch of other stores and outlets, but can’t line up at the ballot box? She’s playing politics with a crisis. Also, ballots that arrive late could be counted up to 10 days later. Really? Imo, you should have a legitimate reason to mail in vote. If not, get off your butt and vote in person.

No one said the virus disappeared. People realize people in positions of power and the media blew it up into something that it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I don’t call you officer because I think I have to. I never had to. When you were active or retired. I just don’t know your name and your screen name doesn’t lend itself to any snappy moniker that I like.

The fatality rate is not the first priority - the infectiousness is, for reasons explained several times before. Then the long-term effects. Then the fatalities.

Also the deaths are not just 100,000. They are still climbing. Would you like to make another prediction now?

Also what whtviper said: “ Then you'd have to balance that statement by saying - the average of 40,000 deaths attributed to flu annually is not solely flu.”

And finally, the flu, car wrecks, cancers, falling down stairs drunk ... are not reduced by coronavirus deaths. CV19 is in addition to all other risks and causes of death - not instead.
How many deaths there will be from this virus is the first priority. That’s just my opinion though. Most people who get infected with C19 have no symptoms to minor symptoms and recover. Seems the most common long term effect of C19 is on the lungs, especially for those who required a ventilator to help them breath. Those are the most severe cases and most of these people had at least one chronic health issue with many having two chronic health issues.

Deaths are climbing. Congratulations!!! I think you made that point already. You done with your victory lap? The mortality rate is still extremely low. That’s not yet been refuted.

And the 100,000 deaths to C19 has not been solely C19.

Yes, as sad as it is that now there is a new way to die and is another risk we must deal with in this crazy world we live in. What are we to do?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
No they’re not. Not about this ... or anything else. Homo sapiens have been out of the caves for 10,000 years and haven’t figured out how to behave yet. It’s not in the instruction manual. It’s not in the systems.
Didn’t know we were in caves. I guess that’s an argument against evolution. 10,000 years later and we still suck.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,393,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Didn’t know we were in caves. I guess that’s an argument against evolution. 10,000 years later and we still suck.
Excuse me. Are you suggesting that homo sapiens were never cave dweller hunter-gatherers in the Paleolithic era?

And no, it’s not an argument against evolution at all. To argue that you’d have to be asserting that evolution is a physical process with a behavioral goal: for the species to live in unlimited size social groupings with common beliefs. Physio-anthropological studies have demonstrated that is not the case (Dunbar’s Number). Evolution is a physical process in which behaviors play a role - but are not the goal. The goal is survival of the species in changing environments.

10,000 years later we don’t particularly “suck”. We just haven’t evolved behaviorally in many of the ways various ideological belief systems insist we are intended to.

Meanwhile, it’s Hawaii’s economic recovery that needs to evolve anew - not humanity

Old 05-26-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
How many deaths there will be from this virus is the first priority. That’s just my opinion though. Most people who get infected with C19 have no symptoms to minor symptoms and recover. Seems the most common long term effect of C19 is on the lungs, especially for those who required a ventilator to help them breath. Those are the most severe cases and most of these people had at least one chronic health issue with many having two chronic health issues.

Deaths are climbing. Congratulations!!! I think you made that point already. You done with your victory lap? The mortality rate is still extremely low. That’s not yet been refuted.

And the 100,000 deaths to C19 has not been solely C19.

Yes, as sad as it is that now there is a new way to die and is another risk we must deal with in this crazy world we live in. What are we to do?
The priority is to understand the ways in which this disease will affect society ... which includes: mortality, long-term health damage to victims, and business costs from lost labor. The factor that encompasses all those considerations is the rate of infection.

The damage to the lungs is huge for people on ventilators, but it is also looking like it is not limited to victims on ventilators. And there are a number of other effects of apparent concern being studied. Too soon for you to make the kinds of assertions you do.

Pre-existing conditions are a factor in all sorts of diseases. We don’t cast aside skin cancer because a victim is also diabetic. Etc.

Further, when a diabetic suffers a fatal heart attack, it’s not the diabetes that killed him. It is heart failure.

What are we to do about new threats? Study them thoroughly and arrive at educated understandings ... this as opposed to cavalierly making premature speculations and declarations ... such as “deaths aren’t likely to reach 60,000.”

Old 05-26-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Conservatives do not like the mail in ballot and no voter ID provision Nancy Pelosi is trying to sneak into C19 stimulus bills. She says she is doing it to make the election virus proof. First the election is five months from now. So any sentient being knows that’s a crock of nonsense. People line up to Costco, Walmart, Ross, and a bunch of other stores and outlets, but can’t line up at the ballot box? She’s playing politics with a crisis. Also, ballots that arrive late could be counted up to 10 days later. Really? Imo, you should have a legitimate reason to mail in vote. If not, get off your butt and vote in person.

No one said the virus disappeared. People realize people in positions of power and the media blew it up into something that it is not.
2/3rds of the electorate support vote by mail. Including lots of conservatives. Trump supporters do not but they aren’t conservatives. And this goes off into politics again which we have been reminded to stay away from in non-political threads. Ok?

Old 05-26-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Excuse me. Are you suggesting that homo sapiens were never cave dweller hunter-gatherers in the Paleolithic era?

And no, it’s not an argument against evolution at all. To argue that you’d have to be asserting that evolution is a physical process with a behavioral goal: for the species to live in unlimited size social groupings with common beliefs. Physio-anthropological studies have demonstrated that is not the case (Dunbar’s Number). Evolution is a physical process in which behaviors play a role - but are not the goal. The goal is survival of the species in changing environments.

10,000 years later we don’t particularly “suck”. We just haven’t evolved behaviorally in many of the ways various ideological belief systems insist we are intended to.

Meanwhile, it’s Hawaii’s economic recovery that needs to evolve anew - not humanity
No, humans didn’t evolve from hunter-gathers of the Paleolithic era. Humans have always been humans. Humans were never some other species and evolved into human and will not evolve into another species. I do agree a species can take on some new attributes, but the species remains the same species.

With that said in 10,000 years or so of human history we are the same. When I say in regards to people waking up, they are waking up to the wool being pulled over their eyes in regards to this virus. I’m not talking about some sort of evolutionary change in the human species behaviorally.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
No, humans didn’t evolve from hunter-gathers of the Paleolithic era. Humans have always been humans. Humans were never some other species and evolved into human and will not evolve into another species. I do agree a species can take on some new attributes, but the species remains the same species.

With that said in 10,000 years or so of human history we are the same. When I say in regards to people waking up, they are waking up to the wool being pulled over their eyes in regards to this virus. I’m not talking about some sort of evolutionary change in the human species behaviorally.
Well, you are a bible literalist so that ends rational science-based discussion. There is a religion forum for that.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
2/3rds of the electorate support vote by mail. Including lots of conservatives. Trump supporters do not but they aren’t conservatives. And this goes off into politics again which we have been reminded to stay away from in non-political threads. Ok?
Yeah, can’t be a conservative if you don’t support mail in voting. That’s moronic. Mail in voting in fact helps out the Republican Party more so than the Democrat party and I oppose an all mail in voting election. I support mail in voting for those with a legitimate reason for those who can’t physically make it to the ballot box.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, can’t be a conservative if you don’t support mail in voting. That’s moronic. Mail in voting in fact helps out the Republican Party more so than the Democrat party and I oppose an all mail in voting election. I support mail in voting for those with a legitimate reason for those who can’t physically make it to the ballot box.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: