Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 01:06 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
One last question, sort of. My daughter may come out after 1st week of August. I know she needs the COVID 19 test prior to arrival, a mask etc.
But, while in Oahu, are malls, food establishments up and running (half capacity?). Can she use the beaches to surf, if company's are even renting?
Never thought a vacation would not be fun per say for her.. But, she just wants to go to Mililani Town, hang out where she grew up, visit the stores in Mililani Town, then go around island on memory lane.
But if nothing is opened, like Shrimp Truck, Shave Ice trucks/stores, or anything , I am not sure its worth it.
The Lt Gov said on a interview this morning that it is virtually impossible to get a test within the State's guideline, many labs are taking 10 business days to give test results. He also telegraphed the Aug 1 date likely to move.

With that said - the beaches are open - most restaurants are open, many are rapidly going out of business - malls are open, but not all the stores reopened although most have. Some of the Shrimp Trucks are open.

My personal opinion, Oahu is in a pretty sad state at the moment - she may not like what she finds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 01:12 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The Lt Gov said on a interview this morning that it is virtually impossible to get a test within the State's guideline, many labs are taking 10 business days to give test results. He also telegraphed the Aug 1 date likely to move.

With that said - the beaches are open - most restaurants are open, many are rapidly going out of business - malls are open, but not all the stores reopened although most have. Some of the Shrimp Trucks are open.

My personal opinion, Oahu is in a pretty sad state at the moment - she may not like what she finds.
Dang. I spoke to the lady at the Hyatt, where we must serve our qurantine time. She said pretty much same thing, times are tough, and hopes my daughter digs just the beach.
Might have to rethink traveling to Oahu, for her at least. I like big wave times anyways, maybe Feb/April...
I will have a talk with her..

Old 08-21-2020, 08:05 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Leving Island tomorrow. Hopefully airport has some food open in the morning to grab before two flights. Both flights arent offering food, probably snack boxes. And layover in San Fran is 45 minutes..Was looking forward to Boudins....

Old 08-22-2020, 03:23 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
When we flew out a couple of months ago, only Burger King and Starbucks were open in the airport. I guess things might have changed, but I doubt it.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:04 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,215,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Leving Island tomorrow. Hopefully airport has some food open in the morning to grab before two flights. Both flights arent offering food, probably snack boxes. And layover in San Fran is 45 minutes..Was looking forward to Boudins....
Your done and leaving? How was it? Did you surf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii