Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 04:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times

Advertisements

Here's a new Covid-19 twist I hadn't thought about until yesterday.

A close friend just bought a home near the Central California Coast. A week before closure the owner offered him $50,000 to walk away from the deal. He and his wife still want the house but now he is worried about this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...?ocid=msedgntp

Could this happen in Hawaii?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 11:43 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Here's a new Covid-19 twist I hadn't thought about until yesterday.

A close friend just bought a home near the Central California Coast. A week before closure the owner offered him $50,000 to walk away from the deal. He and his wife still want the house but now he is worried about this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...?ocid=msedgntp

Could this happen in Hawaii?
No. In Hawaii it is trespassing

Old 05-26-2021, 11:49 AM

Josh Green this morning on KGMB said the target for Hawaii residents for trans-Pacific travel with vaccine passport is June 15 (which I personally hope for, next test date in Vegas for me June 19 with June 22 return). He seemed to think open to everyone on mainland a few weeks later.

Green clearly thinks the mask mandate in general should be dropped (I agree, just having come from Vegas and no mask for 6 days) - he is also telegraphing Safe Travels should wind down sooner rather than later. Also said he is close to saying outright the pandemic is over (while acknowledging virus likely around for years and likely won't be eradicated completely)

Old 05-26-2021, 04:58 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Josh Green this morning on KGMB said the target for Hawaii residents for trans-Pacific travel with vaccine passport is June 15 (which I personally hope for, next test date in Vegas for me June 19 with June 22 return). He seemed to think open to everyone on mainland a few weeks later.

Green clearly thinks the mask mandate in general should be dropped (I agree, just having come from Vegas and no mask for 6 days) - he is also telegraphing Safe Travels should wind down sooner rather than later. Also said he is close to saying outright the pandemic is over (while acknowledging virus likely around for years and likely won't be eradicated completely)
All good news! I am so ready for a return to normal!

Old 06-02-2021, 01:01 PM

451 posts, read 411,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
All good news! I am so ready for a return to normal!
The other day, my neighbor informed me after his third or so bourbon and water (light on the water) that he
thought I looked better with a mask on, and whenever the mask mandate ended, I should just keep
wearing one for the sake of the community here on Oahu.

For the long suffering Mrs. Rain Monkey, masks have become a part of her fashion ensemble, and she will demand I change my mask if she determines it clashes with her 'look'. I have lost count of the old aloha shirts I once owned that she and her friends have turned into masks.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:48 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Now being back on the mainland for a few days and been in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York; hardly anyone is wearing masks. Everything is open, dine in fast food, and I looked in the Gold’s gym in the mall and most people weren’t wearing masks. Seems everything is back to normal. It was a surreal feeling not putting on a mask. It was quite refreshing. It’s nice to see people’s faces.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:27 PM

451 posts, read 411,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Now being back on the mainland for a few days and been in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York; hardly anyone is wearing masks. Everything is open, dine in fast food, and I looked in the Gold’s gym in the mall and most people weren’t wearing masks. Seems everything is back to normal. It was a surreal feeling not putting on a mask. It was quite refreshing. It’s nice to see people’s faces.

Well now, it sounds like you found a place where you can be much happier than Hawai'i. Good luck to you.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:07 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Well now, it sounds like you found a place where you can be much happier than Hawai'i. Good luck to you.
Some say the pathway to happiness is through suffering. I agree with that. We didn’t move back to the mainland because of the easing of mask mandates. I wasn’t even aware mask mandates have been lifted. It was to my surprise that they were and it was yes, refreshing. Something refreshing and what is happiness are two completely different things. It doesn’t bring me joy to leave Hawaii. I loved it there. My daughter loved it there. We made good friends. I loved the way things are and how simple things were. It is poor prudence on your part to make such assumptions. You don’t know anything about me or my family. With that said being this is a Hawaii covid thread on statewide policy, the mask mandate is not in line with the science we know about viruses. There is no need for people to be wearing masks, especially outside where the transmission rate of Covid is .001%. A cloth masks does not stop aerosolized microscopic particles that covid travels in. The mask only stops large droplets which isn’t the cause for the transmission of covid. Droplets quickly fall to the ground and on surfaces where they virus quickly dies. We basically have been wearing masks for no reason.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 06-03-2021 at 07:29 AM..

Old 06-03-2021, 06:24 PM

My contact at the State told me the Office of the Attorney General has advised the Ige administration the emergency orders would likely no longer hold up to court challenges as emergency proclamations given 48 states are open (with California opening June 15) and diminishing cases and hospitalizations.

Old 06-04-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
My contact at the State told me the Office of the Attorney General has advised the Ige administration the emergency orders would likely no longer hold up to court challenges as emergency proclamations given 48 states are open (with California opening June 15) and diminishing cases and hospitalizations.
And the update comes just one day later.

All neighbor island travel restrictions end June 15 - anticipating state at 55% vaccinated.

Safe travels ends when state at 70% vaccinated.

Travelers vaccinated in Hawaii allowed to enter from mainland without covid test starting June 15 (my next trip June 16 so yay!)

All trans Pacific travelers can skip covid test including mainland travelers if vaccinated when state at 60% vaccinated.

(Of course, he doesn't really say what happens if state never gets to 70%)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii