Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 07:10 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times

Advertisements

I stand by my original statement, he's been paid by Pfizer. The fact that many politicians are corrupted by money and/or power isn't my opinion, it's a fact that has been established for thousands of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 07:36 PM

344 posts, read 250,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
I stand by my original statement, he's been paid by Pfizer. The fact that many politicians are corrupted by money and/or power isn't my opinion, it's a fact that has been established for thousands of years.
So what is your point?

Are you suggesting he is encouraging people to get vaccinated in hopes that Pfizer will again contribute to his campaign? Is Ige even eligible to run again?

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the vaccine is saving countless lives and suffering?

Google Occam's razor

Or perhaps you think he should be promoting a horse dewormer instead of the vaccine, if only he weren't paid off?

Old 09-01-2021, 07:44 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
Is Ige even eligible to run again?
He's not - and the State did not have a say in the type of vaccine or quantity they received - the Feds controlled that.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:13 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
"Or perhaps you think he should be promoting a horse dewormer instead of the vaccine, if only he weren't paid off?"

Since this has turned into personal attacks, I'm not going to revisit this thread. Nobody should take horse dewormer.

But considering the number of rep bumps I got for shining light on this data I feel good about it.

Feel free to continue sounding off in the echo chamber. I wish everybody good will, good luck, and good health.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:48 PM

344 posts, read 250,259 times
Quote:
"Or perhaps you think he should be promoting a horse dewormer instead of the vaccine, if only he weren't paid off?"

Since this has turned into personal attacks, I'm not going to revisit this thread. Nobody should take horse dewormer.

But considering the number of rep bumps I got for shining light on this data I feel good about it.

Feel free to continue sounding off in the echo chamber. I wish everybody good will, good luck, and good health.

You don't think accusing the Gov and Lt. Gov of promoting vaccines because they are bought by Pfizer was a personal attack?

If my "personal attack" will get you to stop pushing this kind BS Conspiracy theory, then I feel good about it.

This kind of BS raising of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt about vaccines is getting people killed, and making life more difficult for the rest of us.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Considering all the wackos the Hawaii forum attracts I wouldn't feel that good about it

Old 09-01-2021, 08:59 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
The campaign contributions are not “payments” because Ige cannot apply the money for personal use.
He’s currently being paid by the state of Hawaii, never employed by Pfizer.

Insinuating he’s been corrupted by these small contributions is a fatuous cheap shot, a far cry from “good will”. And no, I’m not particularly a fan of Mr Ige.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Insinuating he’s been corrupted by these small contributions is a fatuous cheap shot. And no, I’m not particularly a fan of Mr Ige.
Ige is too incompetent to be corrupted by Pfizer or anyone else. If he had that easily been bought off we would not have had a shutdown last year - the hotels certainly would have more influence than some $500 contributions before the pandemic

Bears repeating - the State does not control vaccine supply.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:53 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Considering all the wackos the Hawaii forum attracts I wouldn't feel that good about it
Ha ha that is so funny. Wait..what?

Old 09-05-2021, 11:01 AM

129 posts, read 118,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm on the portal applying for a vaccine exemption. I already added my trip and then moved onto the exemption request section. Filled out everything else just fine, but when I draw my signature and go to click "accept," nothing happens. I'm able to clear the signature and re-sign it, but am not able to accept.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'll give them a ring on Monday, but wanted to know if anyone here knows of any workaround.
Getting back to your original question: My wife went to Hawaii in late July and had the same problem. It turned out that the website didn’t work well the Safari browser on her Mac. It finally occurred to me to try Firefox, and she was able to maker her submission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: