Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 PM

96 posts, read 619,894 times

Advertisements

For those of you who know about this proposed project which has been in development for what like 30 years or so. I'm really trying to get input for locals living in and around Kona as they'd know the most about this. But I was wondering where the project stood as of feb 6, 2009? I know they have it divided into two phases and were starting on phase II first. Last I heard there was an issue with some burial sites found and so the project had been halted. I'm also aware of some problems with funding the project. Is phase 2 ever going to be completed? or i guess the better question is ali'i parkway in general going to be constructed or is it going to remain on hold for another 30 odd years.

i wish Hawaii would create more affordable housing near Waikoloa resorts so locals wouldn't have to live down captain cook etc and have to comute through kona thereby adding to conjestion. overall poor planning by the state hopefully they can alleviate the traffic in a more efficient way as building new roads wont really help as the population is only growing and even ali'i parkway will only be a quick fix if that for a few years until they will be forced to widen the roads etc. again. why can't they to the smarter thing and give those working at resorts affordable housing?! sorry for this little rant, I meant to just ask about the current situation with the parkway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: