Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasandrs View Post
I am planning to move to Wahiawa and work at the General Hospital. My son will attend the High School. Post any thoughts or suggestions for me as I will not be moving until May of 2013. Planning on living at the Palms apartments so I can walk to work. My brother and his girlfriend may be moving with us, she is a college professor hoping to get a teaching job close to Wahiawa if not in Wahiawa.
The nearest college is currently Leeward Community College in Pearl City (approximately 10-12 miles south of Wahiawa), but University of Hawaii, West Oahu will open soon, if it has not already; UH will be approximately 10 miles to the southwest of Wahiawa.
There is some decent housing in Wahiawa, but much of it is smallish. The best community in the area is actually in Mililani (approx 7 miles south of Wahiawa). The schools are quite good in this community and it has a southern California feel to it. Good luck on your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 20,527 times
Hi I live in CA and plan to move to Hawaii,im planning on shipping all my stuff including my car.The new buyer for my home want my fridge ,washer and dryer they are nice and only 3 yrs old,my question is should i buy a fridge ,washer and dryer here and ship it to hawaii with my other gear or should i wait to buy them there? Thanks so much from karen.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2sh View Post
Hi I live in CA and plan to move to Hawaii,im planning on shipping all my stuff including my car.The new buyer for my home want my fridge ,washer and dryer they are nice and only 3 yrs old,my question is should i buy a fridge ,washer and dryer here and ship it to hawaii with my other gear or should i wait to buy them there? Thanks so much from karen.
In Hawaii - those things traditionally stay with the home when you purchase it. Regardless - it would be very expensive to ship and not cost effective.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM

392 posts, read 806,686 times
I have question (not for me).
What salary range person with next qualifications can expect on Oahu ? 32yr old female.
M.Sc., PMI certified, MOS 2010 Master, MS Project 2010, TOEFL 111/120, 4yr experience in IT industry.
NLP Business Practitioner, Italian, Spanish, east-European language and English.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrhunski View Post
I have question (not for me).
What salary range person with next qualifications can expect on Oahu ? 32yr old female.
M.Sc., PMI certified, MOS 2010 Master, MS Project 2010, TOEFL 111/120, 4yr experience in IT industry.
NLP Business Practitioner, Italian, Spanish, east-European language and English.
That's hard to say without the specific work experience. The Masters in Science may open some doors - is it from an US University? Some places require PMI. I'd have to understand better the specific job you'd want and experience. The languages don't buy you anything like they could in a place such as California. 4 years experience, an off the top guess that could be way off - $50K.

I just noticed in another post you are in Serbia - I don't see any employers in Hawaii sponsoring visas unless it is a highly exceptional case.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM

392 posts, read 806,686 times
Thank You for replay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
That's hard to say without the specific work experience.
TOP position as manager in IT company similar to Hawaiian telecom. 4 yr on that position and 1yr as terminal manager in mobile industry. (like deciding which new mobile phones should be on market)
Quote:
The Masters in Science may open some doors - is it from an US University?
No. Serbian University.
Quote:
Some places require PMI. I'd have to understand better the specific job you'd want and experience.
Some job in IT industry like data analyst, IT project manager or something.
Quote:
4 years experience, an off the top guess that could be way off - $50K.
ok that is something.
Quote:
I just noticed in another post you are in Serbia - I don't see any employers in Hawaii sponsoring visas unless it is a highly exceptional case.
We have green card's and we are moving there soon anyway

Last edited by vrhunski; 05-01-2012 at 06:48 PM..

Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM

17 posts, read 66,495 times
Default Anyone from upcountry Maui?

Just wondering if anyone has info they would like to share RE: upcountry Maui living.
Makawao, Pukalani, Haliemalii?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 PM

18,380 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiBound View Post
Just wondering if anyone has info they would like to share RE: upcountry Maui living.
Makawao, Pukalani, Haliemalii?
what kind of info are you wanting? all are very small towns.
Haliimaile, Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Makawao, Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pukalani, Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM

17 posts, read 66,495 times
Oh, just what it is like to live there and why you chose that area.
It seems like an area we would like but I haven't stayed overnight there or spent extended time there.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2sh View Post
Depends on your specific shipping container: We didn't want to ship empty space, so we packed it with everything we anticipated to be more expensive or not available in Hawaii. I.e. IKEA furniture, kayaks, appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii