Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,819,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
No i doubt anything i said is going to change a thing. 1. im just not that powerful lol. 2. Most ppl see this issue as emotional instead of the right thing.

The most i can hope for is that because of our talkstory that we can learn that we all don't think alike, and there is no set reality or truth. My hope is maybe someone got more educated on this issue from our exchange? Because education is one of the first steps to change.
So I guess your answer is no, you are not willing to spend your hard earned money to buy land in Hawaii and give it to someone in the Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement. That's ok, I agree with you on that and I think most others will too.

However, I still support the rights of any Hawaiian or any American for that matter, to be able to work hard and buy as much land in Hawaii or any other state that they choose and do with it as they wish. I know many native Hawaiians that live and own property around me here in Oregon and I welcome my fellow Americans and neighbors with open arms.

Now, lets all sing!

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL by Ray Charles - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,766,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
So I guess your answer is no, you are not willing to spend your hard earned money to buy land in Hawaii and give it to someone in the Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement. That's ok, I agree with you on that and I think most others will too.

However, I still support the rights of any Hawaiian or any American for that matter, to be able to work hard and buy as much land in Hawaii or any other state that they choose and do with it as they wish. I know many native Hawaiians that live and own property around me here in Oregon and I welcome my fellow Americans and neighbors with open arms.

Now, lets all sing!

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL by Ray Charles - YouTube
Uhmmm i already have given up my land for others Mcfrosty. My tribe lost most of the land we lived on but didn't own to make room for American Settlers. My tribe was one who lost there language. So yes i have given up alot for othe

Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 AM

@Mcfrosty

Your qoute: However, I still support the rights of any Hawaiian or any American for that matter, to be able to work hard and buy as much land in Hawaii or any other state that they choose and do with it as they wish. I know many native Hawaiians that live and own property around me here in Oregon and I welcome my fellow Americans and neighbors with open arms.

Ya like the US in the past bought the land from the Hawai'ians and Native American Indians.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Uhmmm i already have given up my land for others Mcfrosty. My tribe lost most of the land we lived on but didn't own to make room for American Settlers. My tribe was one who lost there language. So yes i have given up alot for othe
My suggestion would be to learn from the past but not try and live in it. You live in today's world and luckily since the part of that world that you live in is the United States, you have the right and freedom to be able to work hard and make a good life for you, yours and anyone you choose to help along the way.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 AM

@Mcfrosty
It ok bruddah, we can do a do over, and change the rules for you guys.

THE EAGLES - The Last Resort - YouTube

Old 09-27-2013, 12:44 AM

@Mcfrosty

Oh just incase you question if im a patriot? Ive served this country, pay my taxes and own my own business. I am a patriot, but that doesnt mean i will keep quiet if we are wrong.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:49 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,538,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
It was a fair election, and it's a done deal, and 53 years later the matter is completely settled for all practical purposes. A tiny group of extremists disagree. So? It won't change anything.
you got to be.. smoking sumtin.... to think the election was fare.........

Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
@Mcfrosty

Oh just incase you question if im a patriot? Ive served this country, pay my taxes and own my own business. I am a patriot, but that doesnt mean i will keep quiet if we are wrong.
Nope, I never questioned that.

However, I do disagree with you. We didn't do the wrongs you speak of. Neither of us were even alive during ANY of the wrongs that were committed from the first people to arrive on Hawaii all the way up through the vote to become a State. So please, stop being so hard on yourself and on the rest of us born within the last 54 years.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post

Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Do you agree brah? American is a wierd place, we will invade contries for being communist, or having imaginary weopons of mass distruction. We can be lazy, greedy etc. But by god its a crime to own that were lazy, greedy or play by rules that fit us. Why is it hard to own that and by owning that be responsible? weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii