Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,511 times

Advertisements

So today I talked to quarantine. They are still open vrs the web site saying M-f they expect to be open until end of Dec M-f but as Hawaii timethey don't know when they will go to M-W. Be there before 3pm and all good.

From Seattle to Hilo or Kona. No flights with dogs. Unless you use Pacific Cargo from LAX. When asked for prices I don't think I will be deleted by the way they gave price. If 36 crate use a base line of 50lbs then take the weight x $2.95 by the additionaly weight. Then x that by 35% of total weight and x by 2% for taxes and add $25 to that.

Contential and NW gave me price with many layovers including Seattle to NY to Honolulu/ ok not an option but said no matter what crate size will be $150.00 but my ticket from Hawaiian went from $224 to $975 in December.

Hawaiian if dog and crate under 70lbs Seattle to HIlo $225plus 473 round trip, if over than cargo which turned into $1000 basically in Dec/ or any other time. Dog is off salmon and on diet no Thanksgiving for him. Mango's and Banana's in Hawaii! He put on 10lbs in Alaska eating Salmon (yes it is cooked) finally always been too skinny. Now on diet as he eats dog food from bag as he has never done. Never liked dog food. he is spoiled. but $225 to $1100 one way he will be back down to his normal weight.

So far if in other states belive Pacific Cargo is the way to go. Do a multi city ticket to give you and dog the break within travels.

As for my dog he has to loose 4lbs or be $1100 more one way. Good luck all! If go through Honolulu all is good for 36months interisland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 AM

227 posts, read 918,756 times
I just got a brain freeze reading this jibberish

Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,590,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresdo View Post
I just got a brain freeze reading this jibberish
Lol I did to the first time I read this on the PAC website but with this translation its much clearer. But it still hurts my head.....

Oooo I have a plan but it involves 2 armys and 1 submarine to get my do to Hilo!

To be posted later!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Wink hmmm...

Seems like Hawaii's not the only place w/good pokololo.
K

Old 10-07-2009, 12:52 PM

263 posts, read 867,769 times
After reading the title of this thread, I thought you were going to be talking about Dog the Bounty Hunter!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM

292 posts, read 948,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishwithabike View Post
after reading the title of this thread, i thought you were going to be talking about dog the bounty hunter! :d
lololol

Old 10-08-2009, 05:12 AM

Sorry my head was on brain freeze also after 10 hours of calling on flights. I just can't believe in December or any other time it is that hard. Quarantine is bad enough. Like I try to say round trip $2200 for my dog if doesn't loose 4 lbs. What a racket. Yes I think Dog the bounty hunter is better topic and wish I would have had some pokololo after that day.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:03 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Cool Lolol...

Been there...then when you finally are able to take your pet out of their carrier and have your feet on solid ground you wonder why you were so stressed out. One person I did not appreciate was the porter at Seatac airport that 'suggested' he could get our pets 'safely' to their destination for $20.00. I should have turned his scamming axx in but paid him anyway. That was the last bit of stress I did not need.
Koale

Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 PM

Haha I think I would punch the guy in the face!! My family works in TSA and one is a profiler in Seatac try that one on me!!! Heehee he will be there when I leave. But to know everything go well sheezz here is $20 .Going through Seatac and checking it out to make sure everything is going to go OK when I pick up my friend on Monday. I just don't want issues trying to take care of everything ahead of time to make sure everything goes good.

It is just sooo confusing that each airline and person you talk to has differnt price differnt interpetation of the rules and limits. I am sure when I land and gone through this experience everything we go good. Be just like me thinking driving the Alcan to Alaska was hard - no not really except one night! No big deal.

It is just amazing what has to be spent to take a dog to Hawaii. I have come down to understanding quarantine and the reason but shezz. I am with my dog every day not because (at least I believe I am ok) I am a crazy or my Baby can't live without me and has to be near me every moment. I believe I got a dog I have a responsibility to own up to for taking that animal into my life. Now that I am traveling I can not leave a dog responsibility to some one else because of issues of $$ or whatever.

I left him last year because I didn't think I be gone that long or really love Hawaii so much. Then he got bad habits from me leaving him so long. I am talking like nipping at people etc. Habits that unless taken care of correctly he would have to be put down in mind. That isn't acceptable even for a herding dog. I only accept good behavior in a dog. Which means you can not leave it bored.

I am babbleing again because it is really hard to justify in my mind that if he is 4lbs over weight limit it will cost me $2200 round trip vrs $225. I didn't take into the factor of the crate included into weight. And I also didn't take into factor the vets I was using didn't know what they were doing when they charged me for the wrong micro chip and never read I had to wait 2-3 weeks after second rabies. Wish I found a post that told me that also. I am a person that makes a plan and it should work but so many blind sides in this situation took me out of my element.

Also I know anyone in the same circumstance might need a sounding board for the first time or maybe it is just me. Sorry needed to vent.

The isles have always been very giving to me and just trust everything will work out fine. Forget the stress or the wrong road it will take you to an incredible spot.

Thanks for the support. I do believe and strongly say to anyone that is coming from anywhere else than Seattle etc Pacific Cargo even with there bizarre way of telling you a price is the way to go if you can make a destination of travel from LAX.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Ya who thought you would almost have to go to Algebra to figure out a price. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoaKine View Post
Lol I did to the first time I read this on the PAC website but with this translation its much clearer. But it still hurts my head.....

Oooo I have a plan but it involves 2 armys and 1 submarine to get my do to Hilo!

To be posted later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: