Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:03 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,569,617 times

Advertisements

WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF GOING TO THE MAINLAND!!!! This is serious stuff!!!! Haven't been over there since 1998, have been off Maui only once since my last mainland trip, AND I'M GOIN NEXT WEEK!!!!! I have actually spent the last few minutes trying to put on a pair of decent shoes!!!! Damned feet have gone native on me!!!!!!!! they used to be kind of narrow!! Now??? WAWAE NUI!!!!!!!!!! MY TOES ARE SUFFERING FROM CLAUSTROPHOBIA. POOR MANAMANAWAWAE IKI IS SCREAMING,, "LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!" Now, all I have to do is find a jacket.................relax,,,,,,calm down,,,,,,,,,,,you can do this.............................. looks like a job for okolehao and awa juice........does everybody over there always look pee'd off about something?? As I recall, they,,, mainland people, always look at strangers like they just farted or something???? find a decent pair of pants,,,,,,, perhaps a belt? come on now,,,, you used to dress like this........... perhaps a necktie???? naaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... maybe the Christmas Aloha shirt? Santa and the dolphins???????? AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when you thought it was safe

manamanawawae iki= little toe
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII=auwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 AM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Auwe! Poor ting! Going stay gone long? No can help, gotta dress li'dat, ya know. Oh! No forget! Take rice or no get nuttin fo kaukau!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:24 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,181,171 times
hahahaha to junjohann it is your payback for always expected the newibies to you. Yes I appreciate you , all your posting am not a hate monger as the rest. You are going back to mainland ?, pratctice with shoes, your gonna be miseralbe just deal with it. If it is a hoke good one!! Goood luck and why the helL? you go the mainland after this much time>>>?????

Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM

229 posts, read 928,917 times
"As I recall, they,,, mainland people, always look at strangers like they just farted or something????"

Aww, JJ, They're not all like that. Just the edges. The middle's nice and soft, just like a marshmallow. Skip LA and go someplace nice, like Minnesota. They'll treat you right.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,021 times
LOL!! My daughter just flew to California w/ fiance and her daughter to meet his family and spend a couple of weeks out there. She texted me with "YIKES! I 'M ON A FREEWAY!" Granddaughter just called too, I said how are you! she said "COLD"!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF GOING TO THE MAINLAND!!!! This is serious stuff!!!! Haven't been over there since 1998, have been off Maui only once since my last mainland trip, AND I'M GOIN NEXT WEEK!!!!! I have actually spent the last few minutes trying to put on a pair of decent shoes!!!! Damned feet have gone native on me!!!!!!!! they used to be kind of narrow!! Now??? WAWAE NUI!!!!!!!!!! MY TOES ARE SUFFERING FROM CLAUSTROPHOBIA. POOR MANAMANAWAWAE IKI IS SCREAMING,, "LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!" Now, all I have to do is find a jacket.................relax,,,,,,calm down,,,,,,,,,,,you can do this.............................. looks like a job for okolehao and awa juice........does everybody over there always look pee'd off about something?? As I recall, they,,, mainland people, always look at strangers like they just farted or something???? find a decent pair of pants,,,,,,, perhaps a belt? come on now,,,, you used to dress like this........... perhaps a necktie???? naaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... maybe the Christmas Aloha shirt? Santa and the dolphins???????? AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when you thought it was safe

manamanawawae iki= little toe
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII=auwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs to you, it is a scary thing for sure

Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,302,002 times
The last time I flew to the east coast, I landed in TN in an ice storm. I had, luckily, brought shoes to change after getting off the plane. My parents greeted me with a coat I hadn't worn in years. Going back....ain't easy!!

Hope you can post for us along the way on your trip! Safe travels and happy holidays!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:22 AM

92 posts, read 404,576 times
shoes????? what are these "shoes" you speak of?????

Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
Hahaha. I remember when I'd been living in Kealakekua for more than two years (I hadn't even been to Honolulu in that time), and my boss decided to send me over to "town". I got to the Honolulu airport and had to get on the escalator to go get my bags. I freaked. Back then we only had one stoplight on the Big Island. Then, like a dummy, I decide to go to a movie. Hadn't been to one in years either. I chose -- are you ready for this - Apocalypse Now! After NO movies for years and none of the city noise that diminishes the senses, I wind up sitting in the front row of a movie house while the Viet Nam war rages over me. I was numb when I walked out.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:22 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
you know you've lived in hawaii for too long

When on the mainland you go to the home improvement store looking for blue traps in the roofing supply section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: