Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 04:28 PM

11 posts, read 20,666 times

Advertisements

I'd just like to say to those who responded to my posts a few months back, heh, or was it just a month ago?, aw well so much has gone on since that it seems so long ago!..Anyways, as for my Hurricane insurance problem..well thankfully after 2 long weeks of badgering the insurance company, nicely I hope, my home insurance agent was able to convince the hurricane insurance company to cancel my original policy, create a new one so that making the payments to them ON TIME would work out better for both them, and us!..It was a long wait, and especially right at the holiday new years time period, well you can imagine, there wasn't much celebrating in my house!
So as it is, today will be my first payment on that new policy!, although I'm allowed to make 4 payments to cover the entire year, well its still difficult to keep up on all the other utility bills..Its so costly, but then again, Its workable if you don't fall into situations like myself, and fall behind bill payments and then get caught up on what to pay when and how and is there anything left after its all gone to live on?!!
I appreciated the help suggestion about turning in my plates to the DMV, the woman there was more than happy to help us and totally understood or situation, so as of right now, until I can afford the car part, the mass airflow system to get replaced, looks like my car is gonna just sit right there in my garage and look all sad..hehehe, Ohh I run it once a week for a few minutes, and eventually as I press the accelerator, it slowly sputters out an dies, it starts out easy, so battery is good, replaced that one like 2 months ago..At least until I get that dang part, and then pay the registration on it, well everyones busing it everywhere, a bit of a hassle, but hey!, at least we got the bus stop right down my street, what, like umm...7 houses down, and runs on the hour till 10pm, and just as it goes, everyone works at the mall, so theres at least 3 stops they can get off and on to and from work and home...so yeah, saving on gas, but know what??..I suuurrreeee miss driving my car..sighs, after 30 some years, man its hard not being behind my wheels!
Ok then, so thanks again to all the ppl out there, and heres the 2 Hurricane Insurance companies that were mentioned to me by my home insurance agent...Zypher, but they require a One Time Shot payment thing, and very expensive..and what he got for me, who eventually gave in to allow me to change my payment date, versus paying $18 dollars extra for 2 day express mail by the due date...I-CAT...its just below $1k a year, I don't know how they figure out your cost..could be by age of the house?, or based on the inspectors report, you know when they send someone out to look over your entire property?..I'm not too sure, but at least I have options on how to make the payment, One time, 2payments or 4 installment payments..you gotta know by now which one I chose..lol..the 4 payment one!..
So thanks, and take care, have a wonderful aloha weekend, and if its like raining or soon to be raining in your area, stay warm and dry!!
Mahalo,
L*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii