Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,044,978 times

Advertisements

The biggest problem I have on Kauai is ants. Raid and other sprays kill them but 15 minutes later others are walking across the sprayed area and their buddy's corpses no problem-o...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 12:44 AM

649 posts, read 3,448,701 times
Yes, the ants definitely suck! They are horrible. B-52s, geckos, spiders, lizards, bees, centipedes, no big problem, but those blasted ANTS! "Big head ants" I am told - well they can take their stupid big heads and get the heck out of my kitchen, that's what I say. And they just laugh at the ant traps. Climb in, take the bait back to the hill, but it doesn't make a dent - there are still 9 gazillion ants everywhere! I left a cutting board on the counter the other day for 15 minutes, when I came back (after eating my dinner) to clean it up, it was TEEMING with the little buggers. I feel like I"m committing genocide every day, but it just seems to egg them on to reproduce even more. Ants!!!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:45 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,399,426 times
Eh - wha's da name of da birt' control da kine foah da cokaroaches? I foahget. Staht wit' C. Dat one work. Den need da wasp spray li'dat. Foah da cane spiders too. Can spray dem from twenny feet so dey no jump on you. But da wors' is da centipede, brah. Dey like hide undah da covahs on da bed. An you no wanna walk barefoot li'dat in da nighttime, cuz da buggahs stay walkin' across your carpet and you no can see wit'out da light on. So can use cayenne peppah or chili peppah watah aroun' da outside da house foah da ants and da centipede. Den da birt' control foah da cokaroach. Den repeat weekly.... Das why cost so much to live Hawaii. Cost of living in Paradise...

Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,591,685 times
Fortunately the cannibals took care of the,,,, uuuurrrrpppp,, scuze me,, snake population some years ago. Unfortunately, however, we do now have the rather irritating "aole kani" mosquito, which make absolutley no sound whatsoever, it is believed they have migrated to the Islands from somewhere in New York, as to how long they will stay is anyones guess... Best place for no bugs in Hawaii would probably be the lovely Island of Molokini, centrally located, private, (except for in the early morning hours),and often referred to as, "The Valet Isle", think that must have something to do with boat parking... Hope this helps..

DA kiapolo made me,,, uuuurrrrpppp,,, scuze me,, do it.. always one step ahead of those who are a few steps behind.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:31 AM

138 posts, read 355,713 times
In certain areas (desert) of southern California we can have ant issues. It's very important to make sure that you keep a clean kitchen. We constantly keep the counters wiped down with 409 so there was nothing for the ants. Also there was a granular poison ("D" something was the name) that we poured around the outside of the house to keep them away.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,950,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbeet View Post
Yes, the ants definitely suck! They are horrible. B-52s, geckos, spiders, lizards, bees, centipedes, no big problem, but those blasted ANTS! "Big head ants" I am told - well they can take their stupid big heads and get the heck out of my kitchen, that's what I say. And they just laugh at the ant traps. Climb in, take the bait back to the hill, but it doesn't make a dent - there are still 9 gazillion ants everywhere! I left a cutting board on the counter the other day for 15 minutes, when I came back (after eating my dinner) to clean it up, it was TEEMING with the little buggers. I feel like I"m committing genocide every day, but it just seems to egg them on to reproduce even more. Ants!!!
We use Terro Ant Bait stations, and it works.

Ant Problem? Terro = Ant Control Solutions

Hank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii