Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM

141 posts, read 546,160 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are planning what will be our "honeymoon/babymoon" at the same time!! (Got married in Dec and were going to take a 2 week Europe vacation in July as our honeymoon, but I got pregnant right away, and now I'll be 34 weeks pregnant when we were planning on going, so that's out!) We decided on going to Hawaii in May, because I have vacation then, and thought it would be easy for me to relax and enjoy myself, even though i'll be towards the end of my 2nd trimester...

Question, where do you recommend we go, and any ideas of what we can do? And I do welcome the idea of sitting on the beach and relaxing...so ideas of places to stay where we can easily do that would be nice too. But I do like to "do things"--I would imagine I could go on some simple hikes, bike rides, etc. (This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not sure though how I'll feel) And would it be worth it to try to go to 2 islands? I was thinking Maui and Honolulu, but if anyone has any other suggestions for how to best spend 4 full days, I'd definitely welcome your thoughts. And do you think it's worth it to try to go to 2, or should we just stay on 1 and stay in the same place the whole time? And if Maui...which city to you recommend?

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,533,236 times
And your obstetrician approves you flying so far/long both ways being that far along? Why take any risks at all?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 PM

141 posts, read 546,160 times
I appreciate your concern, but yes, if you must no, my OB said it's fine as long as there aren't any complications to fly and go "that far". You can fly up to 36 weeks AND I will only be 25 weeks then.

I wasn't writing for an opinion on whether I should go or not, just on advice of WHERE to go and how to spend my time. This post isn't necessarily about me being pregnant, it's about having 4 days to spend in Hawaii and how best to budget out time.

thank you to anyone who can give me some HELPUL information...

Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM

312 posts, read 1,376,409 times
with only four days, i would recommened sticking to only one island. Since you will be pregnant and looking for some relax time, which island you choose of the two (or four for that matter) isn't that important. may as well save the precious time and stick to O'ahu since you will have to fly there before Maui anyways. Also, since it seems you want to do easy going sight seeing and relaxing, what does your husband want to do? some days is he considering venturing out alone while you take it easy? this may help decide if you want to stick to O'ahu or a different island. But still, i would only suggest one island if you are only taking 4 days. Do you have any specific questions/things you are looking for? A resort, a small homey hotel or certain types of beaches or activities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: