U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,038 times

Advertisements

I have traveled all over the Caribbean. I'm at home on a boat and skin diving with just my snorkel mask and fins. Its my dream to run a tour boat taking people out on the ocean to snorkel and see what lies beneath the water. The reason I'm choosing Hawaii is because its a US state and I have rights to work and start up a business just like here on the mainland.

I am 30 male, single, have one dog (i have all the info on dogs) and currently live in Denver Colorado I'm a superintended for the largest home builder in America. I have saved up a good amount of money I'm in the process of selling all my stuff on craigs list to get even more money.

thats my background info.

I want to work on a boat taking people out to snorkel, wale watch, turtle watch ect. What's the best place (location) safest place for a mainlander to start?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 02:06 AM

2,082 posts, read 5,045,681 times
Try Lahaina on Maui or Kona on Big Island, Be aware there are specific rules about interacting with whales, dolphins, turtles, rays and seals, touching or harassing or seeking out is specifically prohibited, new rules have been enacted, some ocean areas like Kealakekua bay are open only by permit, some tours have been eliminated/limited.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,607,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Try Lahaina on Maui or Kona on Big Island, Be aware there are specific rules about interacting with whales, dolphins, turtles, rays and seals, touching or harassing or seeking out is specifically prohibited, new rules have been enacted, some ocean areas like Kealakekua bay are open only by permit, some tours have been eliminated/limited.
I would also look into doing this on Oahu. There are more tourists on Oahu than the other islands, and that's where the $$$ are. The area on that island that I know has snorkel/snuba tours is Kaneohe Bay, and looking in the Oahu yellow pages, there is some scuba action in Waikiki (808 923 DIVE). I think the place the Kaneohe Bay tours base from is Heeia Pier, north of Kaneohe about five miles. There's a business on the pier that could probably help you (if approached the right way), but I don't see them in the phone book.

The place that rents the most snorkels and masks to tourists, on ALL islands is Snorkel Bob's. They might steer you in the right direction. Their number in Waikiki is 808 735 7944.

Hank

Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,038 times
who is wonderful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii