Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 06:50 AM

2,593 posts, read 2,283,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
When I signed up for them, I was given the option to have it paid through my Social Security account. I would imagine if they start playing games, changing the premium, that SS would get into it with them. That would be too obvious of a scam.
I haven’t filed for Social Security yet.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 08:01 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
First,
I told them I needed coverage to start on December 1st. They screwed that up and gave me a policy starting in January and that’s what they reported to Medicare. I spent hours on the phone trying to correct this and it never was changed. I called back and forth from WellCare to Medicare, but the WellCare representative just kept putting me on hold, but nothing was ever resolved. Plus they are all from India, and I can’t understand a word they are saying. Now they have screwed up my billing. I have spent so many hours on the phone with them, and my problem never gets resolved. I have finally just given up. I don’t care anymore what happens. They have worn me down.
I have never had such a terrible customer service experience. I wish someone had warned me about this company. I can’t wait until next year to get rid of them. But they probably will screw that part up too.
Stay away from WellCare.
I had read about this last year. Wellcare introduced $9/mo PART D plans which opened the floodgates to many who wanted to save $. Unfortunately, it comes at a cost with poor service and runaround.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:05 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
What now concerns me is I signed up for autopay and they now have my checking account information. I am sure they will deduct my payments and who knows if I will ever get this resolved.
They have a lot of negative complaints with the BBB. We all need to call Medicare.gov and let them know what’s happening.
Can you notify your bank that you would like them to block transactions from them?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Can you notify your bank that you would like them to block transactions from them?
I don’t know, but I will call them on Monday. They probably charge more than the premium from WellCare.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:04 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
After getting 3 incorrect coupon books and the incorrect premium on my account page I called the number on the back of my (incorrect) ID card and did a "call back". When I answered the phone I took a deep breath and held my temper. Imagine my shock when the woman who spoke to me was from the US and spoke perfectly clear English!! We got things sorted out and she told me that my ID number did change and gave me the new one. Said I had to set up a new account on WellCare's site with my new number. I did that and it seems to be OK now. I still don't have my correct coupon book and ID card but at least I can pay my bill.

Also a couple comments to her about the 3 coupon books and the many, many letters....most of them duplicates...were ridiculous. She hinted at it had happened a lot and that their system was on overload and sending out duplicates of things.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:02 PM

I spent 2 days researching new drug plans. Then I called Medicare and told them I was going to cancel WellCare. They said since I used the plan in December, WellCare might try and charge me full price for my filled prescriptions. She said I should just stick with them this year.
The best advice I received was from auntiesattic. When you call WellCare, ask to be transferred to a Florida representative. That helped a lot. They canceled my auto draft.

Last edited by organic_donna; 12-30-2019 at 01:14 PM..

Old 12-31-2019, 11:43 AM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
After getting 3 incorrect coupon books and the incorrect premium on my account page I called the number on the back of my (incorrect) ID card and did a "call back". When I answered the phone I took a deep breath and held my temper. Imagine my shock when the woman who spoke to me was from the US and spoke perfectly clear English!! We got things sorted out and she told me that my ID number did change and gave me the new one. Said I had to set up a new account on WellCare's site with my new number. I did that and it seems to be OK now. I still don't have my correct coupon book and ID card but at least I can pay my bill.

Also a couple comments to her about the 3 coupon books and the many, many letters....most of them duplicates...were ridiculous. She hinted at it had happened a lot and that their system was on overload and sending out duplicates of things.
I got 3 coupon books, too, but they're all correct. I'd previously called and left a "call back" when I wondered why I hadn't yet received a coupon book. This was early December when I thought the premiums would be due 1/1. Turns out they're not due until 1/20. The agent I spoke with had an accent but was totally intelligible and very helpful.

Now we'll see how it goes when I fill my first prescription at the end of January.

I'd previously been with Aetna and essentially rolled over to WellCare when they made their transition. I did switch to a cheaper plan but that was all. At least it's only for a year so if the service is too awful I'll switch again.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:17 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
I got 3 coupon books, too, but they're all correct. I'd previously called and left a "call back" when I wondered why I hadn't yet received a coupon book. This was early December when I thought the premiums would be due 1/1. Turns out they're not due until 1/20. The agent I spoke with had an accent but was totally intelligible and very helpful.

Now we'll see how it goes when I fill my first prescription at the end of January.

I'd previously been with Aetna and essentially rolled over to WellCare when they made their transition. I did switch to a cheaper plan but that was all. At least it's only for a year so if the service is too awful I'll switch again.
I'm wondering if they may assign "English understandable" people to the current customers. I did get my new card yesterday with the correct number. Also a letter welcoming me to the "proper" plan. No letter yet saying that Medicare had approved my change. I'm not too worried about the coupon book as I pay online with a credit card. I don't do auto pay, I just go in and pay each month. But it is nice to have the coupons to remind me to pay them. I am very meticulous in my paper trail for taxes.

I was also with Aetna and was transferred to the WellCare Select plan. According to (incorrect) info on the Medicare site the Wellness plan was my best bet with prescriptions through WalMart. After checking on the actual WellCare site I discovered that it would cost me more than $200 extra for the year if I stayed with the Wellness plan, but going back to the Select would be my best. And they didn't even list WalMart as a pharmacy. I checked with DH's plan and he will pay about $30 more for the year, and after the disaster of 1.5 hours trying to change mine I decided it was worth the $30 to not go through it again. I only hope that Medicare gets their act together for next year, but I will take the extra step to check out the actual sites of what I am interested in getting.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:54 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
That's an interesting thought re: the English Understandable aspect. Could be . . . maybe we've "earned" the privilege by coming over from Aetna. Yes, the coupons are great for tracking for taxes - that's why I wanted them, too.

When WellCare took over Aetna, I was assigned to the Select plan. But in my area, it turned out that the Wellness plan was cheaper! I'd already switched my prescriptions to Safeway from Walmart and since Safeway is a preferred provider, along with being closer than Walmart, that made it easy. There is no company that will pay for my EpiPens, so once I removed that from consideration, the Wellness plan turned out to be the best deal here.

I dread open enrollment every year - does it really have to be so convoluted? Nothing is as it seems and the deep digging required to sort it all out is just a giant pain. One really has to have one's wits about them and pay attention. Going to the actual company sites is the only way to get to the truth.

Old 01-02-2020, 11:22 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,168,878 times
I hadn't been able to straightened out things with Welcare. Last time I called I was on hold for over 2 hours. I had a letter from SS saying they were taking out premium. Then I had another letter from them saying no insurance premium deduction. Today a very nice lady from Welcare called and explained that SS knew they'd messed up and they were fixing the errors. I asked if very many people were affected by "their software upgrade" which caused the errors (her words)... and she said no, there were 20,000 people! But she said my 2 letters indicated that they had fixed the errors on my SS account.

An hour after the call I got a bill from them for the same month this woman acknowledged SS had paid them. So I still don't know what's up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance