Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 08:16 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

Not sure I want to opt out, or not. Any suggestions?

I received this notice from my PCP

Quote:
Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations

Your provider is participating in Mercy Health Select, LLC, an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). An ACO is a group of doctors, hospitals, and/or other health care providers that work together to improve the quality and experience of care you receive. ACOs receive a portion of any savings that result from reducing costs and meeting quality requirements.
Medicare evaluates how well each ACO meets these goals every year. Those ACOs that do a good job can earn a financial bonus. ACOs that earn a bonus may use the payment to invest more in your care or share a portion directly with your providers. ACOs may owe a penalty if their care increases costs.

Your provider’s participation in Mercy Health Select, LLC doesn’t limit your choice of health care providers. Your Medicare benefits are not changing. You still have the right to visit any doctor, hospital, or other provider that accepts Medicare at any time, just like you do now.

To help us coordinate your health care better, Medicare shares information about your care with your providers. If you don’t want Medicare to share your health care information, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 06:32 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,271,617 times
I"m not an expert but one facet of this program is monitoring prescription refills. If you're on anything regular and don't refill on schedule your provider will get dinged. They, in turn, may follow up with you. I'm on one prescription that I use a bit irregularly (a topical cream to alleviate a symptom of menopause, so not life-or-death) and get annoying robo-calls from the pharmacy every time their computer thinks I should be refilling it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance