Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 04:23 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,616,097 times

Advertisements

Why am I seeing those misleading Medicare Advantage ads with Joe N and JJ again ?

Is there an enrollment period I don't know about ? Can't hit the mute button fast enough

Mostly so far on the REELZ cable channel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:06 PM

1,380 posts, read 723,453 times
Yes, I thought they would have left after the enrollment closure. oh well.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:30 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Fall open enrollment specifically targets those moving to Advantage for the first time.

Those already on Advantage - no matter if they signed up during fall open enrollment - are given another enrollment period between Jan-Mar each year - during which they can switch Advantage plans - or return to Original Medicare.

Quote:
  • Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period. From January 1 – March 31 each year, if you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan or switch to Original Medicare (and join a separate Medicare drug plan) once during this time.
https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-cha...h-or-drug-plan
or, see page 5, here:

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11...e-Part-C-D.pdf

For those returning to Original Medicare, unless they are still within the six-month Medigap enrollment period or exercising their Trial Right (available to those 65 enrolling in Advantage for the first time), depending on their state, they may need to undergo health underwriting and could be denied or charged more for a new Medigap.

Medicare expanded these rules a few years ago.

Further, 5-Star Advantage plans can be joined virtually year-round. Which means those on Original Medicare/Medigap can move to a 5-Star Advantage plan at any time.
Quote:
If a Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare drug plan, or Medicare Cost Plan with a 5-star rating is available in your area, you can use the 5-star Special Enrollment Period to switch from your current Medicare plan to a Medicare plan with a “5-star” quality rating. You can use this Special Enrollment Period only once between December 8 and November 30.

https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-cha...ollment-period
So, we may be seeing JJ every day.

In my area, Aurora Quartz, Network Health - and unbelievably - UnitedHealthcare -- have 5-Star ratings.

I would never join a UHC Advantage plan. In a pinch, I would be OK with Aurora Quartz or Network Health - because both are very large, local medical service providers with top doctors and hospitals. CMS must have really relaxed its guidelines to give UHC five stars. No doubt, when Aurora Quartz entered our area, UHC put up a big stink. There is no way UHC warrants five-stars, unless they've done a 180 in their game-playing.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 02-14-2022 at 06:24 PM..

Old 02-15-2022, 03:46 AM

167 posts, read 162,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Why am I seeing those misleading Medicare Advantage ads with Joe N and JJ again ?

Is there an enrollment period I don't know about ? Can't hit the mute button fast enough

Mostly so far on the REELZ cable channel

Yep. Makes me miss those political ads in the fall.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:48 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,069 times
I hate those ads! They are so awful. It's like they are talking to 4 year olds or something.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:50 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,133,134 times
All those ads for all those months tell me one thing in particular......There's a lot of money to be had with all the deductibles, copays, premiums, denials, shareholders......

Old 02-15-2022, 11:24 AM

247 posts, read 177,088 times
I’m still trying to figure out why someone would refer to Joe Namath as “Jersey Joe”, considering that he was raised in Western Pennsylvania, played college ball at Alabama, then played for the New York Jets when their home stadium was Shea Stadium in Queens, New York, and he has always been associated with New York City.

Old 02-15-2022, 12:50 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,538,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieAllnut View Post
I’m still trying to figure out why someone would refer to Joe Namath as “Jersey Joe”, considering that he was raised in Western Pennsylvania, played college ball at Alabama, then played for the New York Jets when their home stadium was Shea Stadium in Queens, New York, and he has always been associated with New York City.
Broadway Joe - yep. Jersey Joe - nope, unless he’s getting into the sandwich shop biz.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:25 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,616,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Broadway Joe - yep. Jersey Joe - nope, unless he’s getting into the sandwich shop biz.

OK, my bad but Broadway Joe or Jersey Joe, the ads are still nauseating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance