Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

60 crunches and upper endoscopy today...no chest pains recently...alot less stress going on. If they can't find out anything that may be causing it I am stopping it here.

If in the future, the problem comes back, I will go foward with the cath...

Also, for the animal lovers out there...Lucy the cat tried to style my hair while I was doing the crunches... up from 30 yesterday!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
lol robyn
Lola likes to help me as I do crunches

good luck with the tests today let us know

karla

Old 06-19-2007, 05:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Glad you're feeling better. I hope the test results are good. When I used to exercise at home, my cats would do the same thing. One would try to get on my chest while I was doing crunches!

Have fun with the endoscopy!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,696 times
Robyn, I know how frustrating it is to have symptoms and no diagnosis. I hope they find whats going on with you. My prayers and good vibes are going your way. I hope all turns out well.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Results are still that I have a Hiatal Hernia and he wants to do an Esophgeal Manometry....ugh.

OK, so they sedate you for the procedure...the nurse told me I was going to feel like I had a margarita before lunch..ok..

She told me the med would make me not feel anything and forget things and keep repeating myself with asking ??.

WELL! The nurse gave me the sedative and said I am going to give you this now and a little more in a min. I dont remember the a little more.

I felt everything. I heard beepers and buzzers going off like crazy. Breathe Robyn..Breathe... Breathe thru your nose. Breathe.

I lay there thinking, I am breathing! What do they want?!?!? Am I dying or something?!?!? So, I went to recovery and I was well aware, fully awake.

I think the dr was gonna let it ride. I heard him saying hiatal hernia in the OR. I said to him, exactly what was going on in there Dr? He goes on to tell me it was basically normal, other than the HH that we knew I had , and about the NEXT procedure he wants me to have.

I say no... I want to know what was going on when everything was going off and you all kept telling me to breathe. So, then he tells me that my eyes were shut and I was unresponsive and not breathing. I told him I heard everything in there and I thought I was breathing... and I felt EVERYTHING. He told me that was strange because usually patients dont feel a thing.

Well, I did, I felt when that tube went down my throat and the further and further it went, and then he finally pushed it really hard, and I felt it!@

So, my guesstimation here is that he was never going to tell me about the other business. I will see if it comes out in the report. That makes me mad. If I never heard all of that going on he would have never said a word. When I have 3 people simutaneously telling me to breathe over and over we have an issue.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
OMG, Robyn, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
My best friend in MI had an experience like that with the same type of meds. She remembered after the test and during the afternoon of the same day. The next day she tells me she didn't remember a thing of the test???? Kinda a delayed reaction to the meds. To this day she does not remember telling me "I FELT EVERYTHING" (that was her yelling it at me).

Your breathing reaction was probably from the tube in your throat, and not like you were having any problems (just me guessing). Once you began breathing through your nose, everything probably calmed down.

On another note, I had simular symptoms when I was diagnosed with reflex. I thought I was having a heart attack most of the time (I used to carry a coffee cup with me everywhere, even at night before going to bed). I did not have any problems that one could find on an upper gi, my doctor made a guess and put me on meds, forget which one it was years ago, only I took them before going to bed. They coated the problem area and after 6 months I did not have the problem anymore. I gave up the constant coffee cup, switched to juice and water and never had a problem again.

Hope yours will be just as simple.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:22 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I am so sorry, cinderobyn.

Gentle hugs to you~~

Old 06-20-2007, 12:44 AM

I still remember everything...vivid. will check back in to see if the memories remain. At this point, I am positive they will.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
o robyn
I am sorry you had such an experience
A lot of people react differently to meds you may have a high resistance hopefully they noted this in your chart. I am glad you forced the issue with him. They need to be aware of these things.
I have the same problem with dentist visits the "novicane" lasts 20 mins thats it. I have it all over my chart and I tell them each time I go in.

I think you need to treat yourself to something special

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness