Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM

233 posts, read 751,953 times

Advertisements

I have notice my eating has come to an almost stop. I have noticed my eating has come from twice a day to once a day, and I can not remember the last time I was hungry. I am not fasting, last week I went 51 hrs without food. It was normal for me to go 18 hrs without food, that has jumped to 21 hrs then to 26 hours. I am not sick, I am not gaining weight, I have not been hungry for days.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
I have notice my eating has come to an almost stop. I have noticed my eating has come from twice a day to once a day, and I can not remember the last time I was hungry. I am not fasting, last week I went 51 hrs without food. It was normal for me to go 18 hrs without food, that has jumped to 21 hrs then to 26 hours. I am not sick, I am not gaining weight, I have not been hungry for days.
Any ideas?
It is worrying that you know exactly how many hours you have gone between eating.....

Just eat 3-4 small meals a day at regular hours, whether you are hungry or not. I do this, many people do - I'm not always hungry at mealtimes but I still eat - it is a habit as much as a necessity.

If you CAN'T eat the small regular meals, feel sick or disgusted by food etc - then you need to see a doctor.

best wishes

Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,334,689 times
You might have, worst case scenario, some tumor or obstruction that is making you feel full... run to a doctor! This is not normal!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM

790 posts, read 4,020,531 times
Quote:
Any ideas?
The metabolism will slow down if you're not eating enough on a regular basis.
People who do fast for long periods of time do lose their hunger and often part of the result of fasting is a euphoric state.
What's going on?
You mentioned not gaining weight suggesting that weight is an issue for you?
Why would you be gaining weight? ... you're not eating.
My appetite varies and i'm familiar with that good and light and high feeling when i don't eat or eat very, very lightly.
So truly, what's going on? Do you have issues with eating and body?
The body can go for long periods of time without food and it can be kind of thrilling (for lack of a better word) to see just how far you can push it but there are risks involved.
And the brain can be saying "i'm not hungry" when the body is starving for nutritioin. Perhaps a high quality protein / vitamin drink would be advisable so, even though your appetite is not there and you don't feel like eating, you'll be getting some nutrition. It's kinda important

Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
I know it's a simple question, but are you depressed?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:57 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,581,046 times
I am one that does not get hungry until I smell food..and sometimes simply forget to eat until I smell FOOD!!!! Does smelling food make you hungry?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,652,493 times
There are very serious medical conditions which can cause a lack of appetite. One of them is cancer. I would discuss this with your doctor to ensure this is not a medical condition. 51 hours is too long without a desire for food.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:50 PM

well i know i am not depressed, i make people laugh in a heart beat. if i had cancer i would show signs of it. and my metabolism has not slowed because, i lost about 3 lbs last week.
i can not eat food when i am not hungry, i have no desire and if i were to eat something, and eat somethign else within 4 hrs, my stomach would be in serous disarray.
and from what i learned it is better to have your stomach empty for at least 12 days. since i have not been eating much to nil i have noticed my skin injuries heal remarkably quick. my skin is alot more clear. my energy is there so much so i could be active all day without resting. i was walking in the mall this monring and when i smelled food i became a little hungry when the smell was gone. i was not.
i have noticed my body is going through a major change, i can not eat the foods i used to. jarred spaghetti sauce, sweet and sour sauce and such, if i eat this i will not sleep. however, last night around 6 i did eat some fresh broccoli and cauliflower and i did sleep. i think i am becoming a total vegan, and i have to learn to cook all over again.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
I am one that does not get hungry until I smell food..and sometimes simply forget to eat until I smell FOOD!!!! Does smelling food make you hungry?
today i smelled food and hunger did come a tiny bit... but, for the most part no.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,959 times
Quote:
well i know i am not depressed, i make people laugh in a heart beat. if i had cancer i would show signs of it.
Some cancers are silent killers, you wont know untill it's too late.

Quote:
and my metabolism has not slowed because, i lost about 3 lbs last week.
You're losing weight w/out eating, or exercising, this is in itself a concern. Also, could be sign of a deseas, such as Cancer.

Quote:
i can not eat food when i am not hungry, i have no desire and if i were to eat something, and eat somethign else within 4 hrs, my stomach would be in serous disarray. .
If i were you, i would visit GI to check how your digestive system works.
It's better to make sure there is nothing serious going on, then just let things slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness