Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,654,112 times

Advertisements

I have had about five nights of not sleeping well even with my Ambien CR and Valerian root. Has anybody else had Ambien totally fail? My husband takes his Ambien and he walks around like a zombie and he has 120 pounds on me I do fall asleep for awhile, but, I dream strange dreams then wake and on and off all night. I have been taking Ambien for almost two years. I had been sleeping fairly well for the last few months so this is quite annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 10:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,162,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I have had about five nights of not sleeping well even with my Ambien CR and Valerian root. Has anybody else had Ambien totally fail? My husband takes his Ambien and he walks around like a zombie and he has 120 pounds on me I do fall asleep for awhile, but, I dream strange dreams then wake and on and off all night. I have been taking Ambien for almost two years. I had been sleeping fairly well for the last few months so this is quite annoying.
I've tried melatonin and finally the dose it took to make me sleepy made me into a zombie all day, and then didn't let me sleep much anyway.

I tried valerian root, and its great for relaxing, but sleep doesn't cut it.

I tried ambien, not the cr stuff since it won't work on me, but the single dose. It made me feel like an unproductive zombie. It did help with sleep a little while but within one bottle the one pill just made me tired and spaced out, but not asleep. It tends to do that eventually. But most of all something which makes me feel like I'm walking through jello all day is not a good thing even if I get sleep.

I don't take anything now. I would rather sit up and do something like edit codes from a file (got a LOT of files to do this with from my old hard drive and an ancient word processor) until I zone out and sleep over not being able to function.

I do miss the dreams, though. Not the ones where something wierd and terrifying was going on (and that isn't easy to achieve with my dark imagination) and I knew I was dreaming but couldn't stop the dream even after I woke up. That was the final straw on ambien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness